Chapter 21

Enjoy the chapter! 

Koda was alone in the medical room. Looking at the blankets which covered her legs. Her azure blue eyes now seemed dull, nearly gray. The empty feeling hadn't left her. It was beginning to scare her a bit. 

She poked her right thigh, and frowned, nothing...no feeling. Koda was so accustomed to being able to feel her legs, so it was a surprise when she couldn't feel them. A sad sigh escaped her.

It had been a day since June and Agent Fowler had come to see her. A day had passed since anyone had come into her room. Except for the nurses, which checked on her here and there.

"There's gotta be something to do in here..." Koda groaned and looked around the room. Then her eyes brightened a bit when she saw a wheelchair. Except it was on the other side of the room. And there was no way to get it. Nothing around the woman was long enough to pull the wheelchair over.

Koda bit her bottom lip as she looked at her sheets. An idea came to her and she grabbed the thin hospital blanket.

"Just need something to....there we go." Her voice didn't sound excited. Or anything. Just tired. As she reached over and grabbed her pocket knife she opened it, then began cutting up the blanket and tying it together. After a few minutes she had a 'rope' long enough to make into a lasso. All she needed to do was get it wrapped around the back of the chair. The woman looked around and made sure no one was coming before she threw the rope at the chair. After a few tries she got it, a very small smile shown on her face as she pulled the wheelchair over to the right side of the bed.

Once the wheelchair was beside her she just looked at it for a few minutes. A blank expression on her face as her dulled azure eyes looked at the chair.

"Need some help?" An unknown voice called into the room.

Koda turned and glared at the young man, "I'm perfectly capable of doing this on my own thank you very much!"

A small smirk found its way onto his face, "Might want to lock the wheels first."

The woman rolled her eyes but lifted up the chair and did as told. She set it back down beside the bed. After a deep breath Koda pulled the blanket off of her and furrowed her brows in anger.

Lennox noticed this, "I hear they've brought something into hangar D. Fowler was meant to tell you but, I thought I'd spill the news to ya now."

Koda carefully pulled herself over and began lowering herself into the wheelchair, "What is it?"

"I dunno. But rumors are it's a pretty big machine. Has some of it's limbs missing. But those were found too," Lennox shrugged and smiled a bit when he saw Koda getting into the wheelchair safely. It took a few moments, but she did it on her own. She adjusted her legs to sit comfortably. Then she unlocked the wheels and rolled forward a few feet.

Koda rolled back and forth before moving forward. Then she passed Lennox, he turned and followed Koda, "What's your name?"

"William Lennox. You?"

"Koda Shank."

"Slow down, you wanna fly into someone?"

"I just want to see what Fowler was hiding from me," Koda replied as she rolled down the hallway. Lennox had to keep himself from laughing, at the sight. This woman was going down the halls, give or take 5 miles per hour and was still in the hospital gown.

Though his smile faded when the familiar Agent came around the corner, Koda slowed, "Oh scrap..."

~

"Down this road, then it'll be on the left at the end of the road," Raf told Bumblebee. The boy closed his computer and slid it into his backpack

"Thank you~" The scout stated before driving a bit faster down the gravel road. They passed an old Dodge on the way. The man driving the truck flipped Bee off for driving so fast. Raf didn't see it since he'd been looking out the passenger side window. Bee mentally thanked Primus for that.