8

Another month had passed since Jungkook and Taehyung tied the knot, cementing their commitment to each other and their newly adopted baby niece, Jeon Ari.

Although they had chosen to marry for the sake of the child and not out of romantic love, Jungkook made a promise to himself to fulfill every duty as Taehyung’s husband.

One evening, as they sat together in their living room, Jungkook looked at Taehyung lovingly and said, “You know, Taehyung, I may not have married you out of love, but I promise to be the best husband I can be to you. I want to be there for you and Ari every step of the way.”

Taehyung smiled, grateful for Jungkook’s words,  Ari has changed them so much.

“Thank you, Jungkook. I know this marriage started off as a practical decision, but as strange as it sounds I’m glad we’re building a family together. I’ve always wanted to be a father/mother, and now, with Ari, that dream is coming true.”

Jungkook took Taehyung’s hand in his and squeezed it gently.

“I can see how much you love her, Tae. And I promise to love her just as much. We may not have a romantic relationship, but we can still create a nurturing and loving environment for Ari.”

Taehyung nodded, his eyes glistening with teary gratitude.

“That means the world to me, Jungkook. Ari is lucky to have you as her uncle and now her father figure. And as for us, let’s promise to always communicate openly and support each other through this journey.”

Jungkook smiled, his heart warming at Taehyung’s words.

“Absolutely, Tae. We’ll never let any misunderstandings or disagreements come between us. We’re a team now, and together, we can give Ari the best life possible.”

As the night went on, the two of them discussed their plans for Ari’s upcoming birthday, how they would manage their work schedules to ensure someone was always there for her, and even the little milestones they hoped to witness together as a family.

Their commitment to fulfilling their duties to Ari and each other only grew stronger with each passing day.

And so, despite not starting their married life with romantic love, Jungkook and Taehyung forged ahead, creating a family filled with compassion, understanding, and unwavering support.

In their hearts, they knew that love, in all its forms, had the power to bring them closer and strengthen the unbreakable bond they had formed for their beloved niece, Jeon Ari.

It was a peaceful night, or so Ari’s god parents thought.

As the clock struck midnight, piercing cries echoed through the otherwise silent house.

Startled, Taehyung shot up from his spot on the bed, disoriented and panicking.

“What’s happening, Jungkook? Why is Ari crying so much?”

Taehyung whispered urgently, his voice laced with worry as he shook the sleeping Jungkook.

Jungkook, still groggy from slumber, quickly sat up and rubbed his eyes.

“I think Ari needs something, baby. We should check if she’s hungry or needs a diaper change,” Jungkook suggested, trying to stay calm despite the chaos completely forgetting the name he called Taehyung.

Taehyung didn’t. The boy was flush red and speechless.

They had only been married for a few weeks and were still adjusting to their new roles as parents.

However, Jungkook had left the room to get Ari as her cries were not stopping it made Taehyung remember his Noona and hyung.

Tears welled up in Taehyung’s eyes as he glanced over at the tiny bundle cradled in Jungkook’s arms.

“I already fed her and changed her diaper earlier. I-I don’t know what to do, Jungkook.”

Jungkook tightened his grip around Ari, soothingly patting her back.

“Shh, it’s okay, Taehyung. Babies cry sometimes. It’s normal. Maybe she just wants to be held or needs some comfort.”

Taehyung nodded, wiping away the tears threatening to fall.

“But what if I’m doing something wrong? What if I’m a bad parent already?”

Jungkook’s eyes softened as he scooted closer to Taehyung, enveloping him in a warm embrace.

“Tae, you’re not a bad parent. No one knows what they’re doing at first. We’ll figure it out together, okay?”

Desperate for reassurance, Taehyung buried his face in Jungkook’s chest, seeking solace.

“I just… I don’t want Ari to think I can’t take care of her.”

Jungkook stroked Taehyung’s hair gently, whispering words of comfort.

“You’re doing great, Tae. Ari knows we love her, and she’ll learn to trust us. It’s all a learning process for us, too.”

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung nodded, his shaky hands finding solace in the warmth of Jungkook’s embrace.

“Thank you, Kookie. I needed to hear that.”

Jungkook pressed a tender kiss to Taehyung’s forehead, a gesture filled with unwavering fondness.

“Anytime, baby. Remember, we’re in this together, and we’ll be the best parents Ari could ever ask for.”

As they sat there, comforting each other in the darkness, Ari’s cries slowly began to subside.

Taehyung’s nervousness started to fade, replaced by a newfound determination to be the best mother he could be.

With a renewed sense of confidence, Taehyung whispered, “We’ll be great parents for her just like noona and hyung.”

Jungkook smiled, intertwining their fingers. “Absolutely. We’ll figure this out, Tae. No matter what, we’ll always be here for our little Ari.”

Together, they slept with Ari in between them.

To be continued