6

Jungkook, although shocked by the tragic news, managed to maintain his composure.

He couldn’t believe his brother and sister in law was gone.

He moved swiftly to Taehyung’s side, his voice filled with empathy and support.

“Taehyung’ we should go to the hospital. I’m here,” he said gently, his hand reaching out to touch Taehyung’s trembling shoulders.

Taehyung, lost in his own world of pain, found solace in Jungkook’s steady presence.

His deep, shaky breaths matched the beat of his heart as he tried to gather himself.

“I can’t believe they are gone,” he whispered, his voice wavering. “And baby ri… she’s fighting for her life Jungkook .”

Jungkook nodded, his eyes filled with pain.

“We need to stay strong for her, Taehyung,” he said, his tone a quiet reassurance.

“She needs us more than ever right now.”

As they gripped onto each other for support, the room seemed to weigh heavy with grief and sorrow.

Jungkook’s calm presence provided a semblance of stability in the midst of chaos.

They knew that although their worlds had shattered, they had to gather the strength to be there for little Ari.

Embracing the sorrow that enveloped them, Jungkook and Taehyung clung onto the hope that through their love and support, Ari would find the will to fight.

Taehyung and Jungkook rushed into the hospital, their hearts pounding with fear and worry.

The doctor greeted them with a solemn expression and led them to a room where the lifeless bodies of Taehyung’s sister, Taeri, and her husband, Junghyun, lay on the cold hospital beds.

Taehyung’s eyes widened as he saw their lifeless faces, a gut-wrenching realization hitting him like a tidal wave.

His knees gave way beneath him, and he collapsed to the ground, tears streaming down his face uncontrollably.

“No… No, it can’t be,” Taehyung choked out, his voice trembling with grief.

“Taeri, Junghyun, please… wake up…”

Jungkook felt a lump forming in his throat as he witnessed his so-called frenemy, Taehyung, breaking down in front of him.

He so badly wants to break down, but if he does, who will them strength.

Jungkook knew that this was the time to set their differences aside and be there for him.

Gently placing a comforting hand on Taehyung’s trembling shoulder picking him into his embrace, Jungkook softly spoke, “Tae…  we need to be strong. For them. And for baby ri.”

Taehyung’s sobbing grew louder, his body shaking uncontrollably as he tried to process the devastating loss he and Jungkook had just endured.

However, Jungkook’s words slowly began to sink in, reminding him of his niece, Ari, who was still fighting for her life in the ICU.

Sniffling, Taehyung wiped his tears away with the back of his hand and took a deep breath.

“You’re right, Jungkook. We have to be strong for Ari,” he murmured, his voice quivering with determination.

“Let’s go see her.”

Steadying him, Jungkook helped Taehyung to wipe his tear streaked face, supporting him as they followed the doctor to the Intensive Care Unit.

The room was filled with a symphony of beeping machines and faint whispers of nurses attending to the fragile infants.

As they approached baby Ari’s incubator, Taehyung’s heart ached with a mixture of despair and hope.

The tiny baby was hooked up to various wires and tubes, her fragile body fighting against all odds.

Jungkook squeezed Taehyung’s hand, giving him a reassuring smile.

“She’s a fighter, Tae. Just like her parents,” he said, his voice filled with conviction and a bit of trembling.

“We need to stay positive, for Ari’s sake. She needs us now more than ever.”

Taehyung gazed at Ari, her small fingers wrapped around the edge of the blanket, and a flicker of strength ignited within him.

Nodding at Jungkook, he replied, “You’re right. We won’t let her fight alone. We’ll be there every step of the way, just like Taeri and Junghyun would have wanted.”

In that moment, an unbreakable bond formed between Taehyung and Jungkook, as they stood side by side, supporting each other through the unimaginable pain and displaying a unity that even their fiercest battles couldn’t extinguish.

Together, they vowed to be pillars of strength for baby Ari, carrying the memory of her parents with them and promising a future filled with love, protection, and unwavering support.

With their friendship solidified by tragedy, Taehyung and Jungkook embarked on a journey of healing and hope, determined to give baby Ari the best life possible.

It had been a tragic day that changed the lives of everyone involved.

Ari, just eight months old, miraculously survived the fatal accident that had snatched away her parents, Taeri and Junghyun.

As the god parents, Jungkook and Taehyung took it upon themselves to step in and become Ari’s guardians.

To be continued