5

Baby Ari was born into the loving arms of her parents, Taeri and Junghyun. 

The little bundle of joy captivated everyone’s hearts, but it seemed that Taehyung and Jungkook couldn’t resist competing for her attention.

From the moment baby Ari came home, Taehyung and Jungkook were at each other’s throats, playfully, of course.

They took their newly assigned roles as good parents extremely seriously.

It was cute and hilarious to watch the frenemies trying to outdo each other in making Ari giggle or put her to sleep.

One afternoon, Taehyung was gently bouncing Ari on his lap, making funny faces and silly noises in an effort to make her laugh.

“Come on, Ari, just one tiny giggle! Your Uncle Kookie is watching, you know,” he teased, trying to gain her attention.

Jungkook, who was sitting beside them, smirked.

“Oh please, Tae. I’m sure little Ari prefers someone more confident. Watch and learn, mi Amor,” he declared with a teasing tone, scooping Ari into his arms and lightly tickling her sides, making her burst a couple of giggles and gurgle

“See, babe? It’s called charisma. Uncle Kookie has plenty of that,” he said, winking at Taehyung.

Taehyung pretended to be unimpressed, but his eyes twinkled mischievously.

“Charisma, huh? I bet I have plenty of that, too. Just watch this!” he exclaimed, leaning closer to Ari and whispering, “You know, Ari, your Uncle Tae has a secret superpower. I can make ice cream appear out of thin air!” he said with a dramatic flourish.

Jungkook rolled his eyes but couldn’t help but be intrigued by Taehyung’s flirty remarks.

“Oh really? I highly doubt that, Kim. But go ahead, show us your ‘superpower’,” he challenged, smirking.

Taehyung grinned nervously, realizing he had set himself up for a challenge.

“Uh, well…I didn’t actually say I can do it right now. I’ll show you another time, promise,” he stammered, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

Jungkook laughed heartily, patting Taehyung on the head.

“Smooth, Kim. Very smooth. Don’t worry, I know you have some hidden talents,” he teased, enjoying their newfound banter.

As weeks turned into months, Taehyung and Jungkook continued their friendly rivalry in taking care of Ari.

They put aside their differences and learned to bond over their love for the little baby girl.

They shared laughs, playful arguments, and even occasional hints of flirty comments, making their time with Ari even more memorable.

Meanwhile, Taeri and Junghyun , Ari’s proud parents, were grateful for the love and attention their siblings showered upon her.

They could finally steal some moments of relaxation and enjoy some alone time together, thanks to Taehyung and Jungkook’s relentless pursuits to be the best uncles and prove their worth as good god parents.

It wasn’t always smooth sailing, but their dedication and determination to be the best uncles created a bond that would last a lifetime.

And even though Taehyung would get shy and Jungkook would get cocky, their dynamic duo will always bring joy and laughter to the little princess’s life, not knowing life can always take a turn.

....

Jungkook and Taehyung were in the practice room, fully engrossed in their work.

The room was filled with music as they danced and sang with unwavering focus.

Sweat glistened on their foreheads, their bodies moving in perfect sync.

Suddenly, a shrill ring echoed through the room, jolting both Jungkook and Taehyung out of their concentration.

They rushed towards their phones, anxiety building up within them.

“Hello?”

Taehyung’s voice trembled as he answered the call, his heart pounding in his chest.

He listened intently, his face turning pale with each passing word.

Tears welled up in his eyes, threatening to spill over.

Jungkook sensed something was terribly wrong as he watched Taehyung’s demeanor shift.

His eyebrows furrowed, concern etched on his face as he anxiously waited for Taehyung to relay the news.

“Taeri and Junghyun…" they were in an accident,” Taehyung’s voice broke, tears streaming down his face.

“Junghyun and Taeri… they didn’t make it,” he choked out the words, barely able to speak through his sorrow.

Devastation crashed over Taehyung like a tidal wave, causing his legs to give way beneath him.

He crumpled to the ground, shaking with grief, unable to comprehend the loss he had just experienced.

Waves of anguish coursed through his body, his sobs echoing through the room.

Jungkook, although shocked by the tragic news, managed to maintain his composure.

He couldn’t believe his brother and sister in law was gone.

To be continued