3

Jungkook and Taehyung returned to work after their family function, but their bickering continued.

They both had an upcoming project that needed to be done together.

During rehearsals for their upcoming performance, Jungkook was being his usual cocky self, and Taehyung gave him sassy responses.

“Can we please just work together without arguing for once?”

Taehyung muttered under his breath.

Jungkook snorted.

“Like that’ll ever happen. You’re too much of a smart-ass to listen to anyone.”

Taehyung rolled his eyes.

“At least I’m not a narcissistic brat like you.”

Their company had planned to show fan service on stage during their next performance, but they couldn’t do that while bickering.

Their manager noticed the tension between the two and decided to intervene.

“Listen up, guys. I know there’s some tension between you two, but we need to make this performance perfect. So, try to put your differences aside for a bit and work together, okay?”

Jungkook and Taehyung reluctantly agreed and went on with their rehearsal.

They managed to control their bickering for the most part and put on a great performance during the show.

But even as they smiled and interacted with fans on stage, the side glares they exchanged during the performance went unnoticed by the cheering audience.

After the show, they parted ways without saying a word to each other.

“I can’t keep doing this,” Taehyung thought to himself on his way home. “We’ve got to find a way to get along.”

Jungkook felt the same.

“We can’t keep bringing our personal issues into work. Our fans don’t deserve that.”

The next day, during rehearsal, they both tried to be civil towards each other.

Every time Taehyung said something sassy, Jungkook didn’t take it personally, and they managed to finish their rehearsal without any arguments.

Before leaving, Jungkook turned to Taehyung.

“Hey, sorry for being a brat lately.”

Taehyung chuckled.

“It’s all good. I can be pretty annoying myself.”

They both grinned at each other, knowing that their apology was nothing but fake since their managers were present.

And with that, they exited the rehearsal room, ready to put in the effort to make sure they don’t ruin their work relationship anymore.

Everything was going well. Who would’ve known that those apologize were fake.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung were still bickering when they visited their siblings' home.

The couple Junghyun and Taeri had planned to surprise them about being uncles.

The couple had a baby.

Of course, Jungkook likes to annoy Taehyung, and he never left any chance to go.

Like “I can’t believe we have to share the title of uncle now” or “I bet I’ll be the favorite uncle”, it was clear that their apology was just for show.

Their siblings were wary of them fighting. 

When Jungkook and Taehyung had heard the news, they were happy, and they didn’t fight for the sake of their siblings' sake.

But when they left the home, the rivalry was still on.

As they walked down the street, they continued to argue until they bumped into an elderly man.

The man fell to the ground, and Jungkook and Taehyung rushed to his side to help him up.

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked, concern written all over his face.

The man nodded, and Jungkook and Taehyung helped him to his feet.

“I’m so sorry about that,” Taehyung said, apologizing for the incident.

The man smiled and patted both of their backs.

“Don’t worry, young men. It happens to the best of us.”

As the man walked away, Jungkook and Taehyung looked at each other, knowing what the man was talking about yet chose to ignore.

Jungkook grinned. “We were just too excited about being uncles.”

Taehyung chuckled at the sudden conversation yet replied. “Yeah, I guess we were.”

From that day on, Jungkook and Taehyung’s rivalry became a need in their lives.

They still bickered, but it was all in good fun.

As they waited for their niece or nephew to arrive, they had already started planning for all the adventures they would have as the coolest uncles around.

Eight months had passed since the hilarious competition for the title of God parents had begun between Jungkook, the cocky man, and Taehyung, the sassy boy.

The tension between them had only increased as they relentlessly tried to outdo one another to prove their worthiness for the title.

Little did they know, their siblings had grown tired of their constant bickering and had made a decision.

To be continued