All boils down to this (pt1) - Chapter 23

Short short short chapter. Yes I know, I had to split it in half.

Mateo POV?

Silence

This car was beyond awkward. I can't tell if it's because of whatever just happened at the Emperor's palace, or because Amelia just slapped the hell out of Lucia... but it's not a warming space.

I looked behind me and smiled. Amelia was laying on the shoulder of Lucia asleep, whilst in the middle seat. While Amity was sitting on Luz's lap and I could tell she was trying to hide her embarrassed face from her girlfriend. "You two are cute" I smiled slightly. Amity's ear's perked up. "O-Of course we are" Amity continued to look out the window. "Aw, I love you sweet potato!" Luz ruffled up the purple-haired witch, and she turned more red than a rose. "Shut up."

I turned to where the voice came from and smirked. "Jealous?" I replied and looked back at the dirt road in front of me. "Why would I be jealous of two fourteen-year-old girls that have a better relationship than any adult's? HUH!?" Lucia snapped. Then the car went even more quiet than before, until a blonde kid decided to speak. "It sounds like you're a bit jealous Lucia..." Hunter mumbled. "Says the guy who has a crush on my best friend's little sister! Oh... haha.... WAIT TILL I FUCKING TELL WILLOW" Lucia yelled.

I sighed and turned to Hunter who had a panicked look on his face. "Y-You wouldn't!" Hunter yelled and turned to the backseat, showing a smirking Lucia. "I would." she spoke. Then it broke into stupid arguments and pointless noise. "SHUT UP!" I yelled which caused the whole care to go silent. "Now, we've just escaped from the EMPEROR'S palace and you guys are arguing about crushes!? Grow up!" I slammed the break's on the car. "Mateo's right. You two could argue later, let's try and decide what to do now about this whole situation." Luz replied.

"Wow, crazy how your sister's more mature than you" Hunter rolled his eyes. "Yeah whatever. Maybe I was a little frustrated... it's just, I don't have a clue what's going on." Lucia sighed and looked at the older Blight who was laying on her shoulder. She took her jacket and laid it on her.

Lucia you really love her don't you...? Well, I guess I have to work for the enemy then. Sorry Hailey.

A while later we arrived at the owl house. I got out the car and unlocked the doors. Wow... so this is where the owl lady lives? Interesting.

Lucia POV

"Dude that was a long ride" Hunter walked up to Mateo while stretching his arms. "Why are you here again?" I asked following behind him. "Wowwww! Rude" Hunter rolled his eyes and I smirked in response. I positioned Amelia on my back, piggyback ride style and walked up to the door being followed by the other's.

After a few knocks, the door finally opened. There stood a short creature. "Weh? More visitors!? Ughh..." King sighed and let us in. "Thanks King. Where's Eda and Wionna?" I asked while laying Amelia on the couch. "Eda's probably eating that random demon who tried to steal her elixir... and Wionna is... in your room I think" King counted his finger's. "Gotcha, c'mon guys. To my room, everyone" I spoke and before anyone could say anything I was already on my way there. "Cool dog Luz" Mateo smiled at my sister, and she awkwardly laughed. "I AM NOT A DOG" King yelled.

"Yo" I opened my door and smiled at the two individual's sitting on my bed. "Yo, Lucia. Why'd you call me this late?" Wionna jumped off the bed while Willow sat still on her scroll. "Well..." I mumbled before the four others walked into the room.

"Oh Titan." Wionna whispered. "This is serious." Mateo replied.