Teens are weird (pt2) - Chapter eight

Amelia POV

"Mittens..." I whispered, eyes softening when I see my sister. "Amelia! Why did you leave?! You had me worried, what if you went missing? Do you ever use your brain!" Amity yelled at me. "You would've fucking ran away too if mom treated you the way she treats me! You're always the 'good' one. You never get any kind of jobs or shit to do because you're the youngest!" I yell back. Amity stood there quietly... was that too rude?

Lucia grabbed my shoulder. "Woah, woah. Amelia chill out okay? Don't curse at your little sister." she tried to cheer me up. "No... Lucia you don't get it. You don't get how bad my mother treats me because I'm the oldest! I have to deal with this shit all the time, and she has three other children to bother, but noooo, she chooses me!" I respond in anger. "Is that really how you feel about me?" Amity looks at the ground frowning while Luz hugs her. I look at her and sigh. "I'm sorry Amity." I whisper. My sister laughs awkwardly and looks away. "No it's fine, you're right... maybe I should consider what you go through and stop being spoiled brat right? I'm sorry." Amity responds in a sincere tone. I could see her tear up... I'm so sorry sis. I ran up to her and hugged her tightly. "D-Don't cry. I didn't m-mean it." I rubbed her back. "N-No it's fine, really. I'm okay." Amity laughed.

We hugged for a few more minutes and I apologized multiple times. Amity said it was fine, but I still felt a bit bad.

A while later I found myself in Lucia's room smoking up a storm. "See! I'm such a horrible sister. What is wrong with me..." I yell at Lucia who was doing the same thing I was and listening to my stupid vent. "Blight calm down? You're not a bad sister, I see that you care for your siblings" she replied while inhaling some smoke and instantly coughing afterward which made me burst out laughing. "You think so?" I chuckle a bit before exhaling the smoke the correct way. "Yep! Your parents are the problem hermosa" Lucia emptied the cigarette ashes and threw it, then I did the same. "Yeah you're right... thanks Lucia." I smiled... and I swore I saw her blush. Maybe I'm overthinking things?

Lucia POV

"I'm gonna go upstairs and check on the kids alright? Make sure they're not doing something they'd regret" I say while getting up from my bed. Amelia nodded and continued to lay on the bed. She looked a bit sad still. "Hey don't sulk in my goddamn room, look who's the luzer now?" I smirk and take my hat off to put it on her head. Amelia looks at me for a second and laughs. "Huh? What's so funny Blight?" I reply.

"Y-Your hair... It's all over the place..." she continued to die laughing. "Y'know if you're going to make fun of my hair, then I'm going to take my hat back" I reached to take my hat back, but she instantly stopped me. "It looks weird, but in a good way" Amelia smiled. "Hmm?" I mumble. "I mean, it's kind of cute." she replied while taking her scroll (phone... scroll... WHATEVER.) out.

I try not to make such a deal of it, but that's the first time someone has said my stupid ass hair looks good in a way.

I smile and head upstairs. I assumed Wionna was gone from being abused by mini-teens, and King was still watching them. I open the door to Luz's room and smiled at the sight. "Having fun?" I walked in a plop down on a beanbag chair. Luz and her friends were giving each other weird hairstyles, even the boys in the room... speaking of...

"Oh hey Lucia" Luz smiled and continued to braid Amity's hair. "Hey... uh if this doesn't bother you. I know the other three... but who's the blonde kid?" I ask with a skeptical face. The blonde boy quickly stiffens up and looks at Willow who just laughs. "U-Uhm... I'm Hunter" he mumbles while flicking his noodle hair out the way. Everyone bursts into laughter, and he turns red just like Amelia. "He's basically a runaway lol" King smiles and Hunter rolls his eyes. "Hmm... I think I know you from somewhere actually..." I inspect the boy. "How old are you?" I ask him. "I just turned 15 a week ago... a bit older than everyone else but around the same age" he replied looking at the floor.

I smiled and walked up to him. I could tell the boy was a bit scared... I sat down next to him and hugged him. "Hey, you know you don't have to be afraid. I'm not a bad guy." I smiled and he stared at me wide-eyed. He hugged me back and smiled. I felt bad for him... whatever he was going through I hope it gets better. "Awwww, Lucia has a soft spot for us~" Luz teased, and I flipped her off. Amity simply laughed and Willow chuckled a bit. "Oh right... since Hunter got added to our group, that means I'm not the only one without a big sister!" Gus smirked and stuck his tongue out at Luz. "What! Dang it!" she yelled at Gus.

"U-Uhm..." Hunter mumbled and looked at the group. "Hmm?" Amity mumbled. "I-I do have a older sibling..." he looked away. "HUH!?" they all yelled. What... I for sure thought he was a only child... just look at that face!

"H-Huh! WHEN HOW?!" Luz yelled. "NO WAY YOU HAVE A SIBLING... A BROTHER? SISTER...?" Willow yelled. "Y-Yeah no way it's a sister must be a brother..." Gus awkwardly laughed. "A-Actually... I have a big sister." Hunter started to play with his fingers. We all yelled in shock and stared dead at him. "Yeah... her name is Hailey, actually. She's eighteen like Lucia, Wionna, and Amelia" Hunter responded awkwardly. "Wait, isn't that the one girl who's famous here for being the niece of Emperor Belos?" Amity asked. (And no, the day of unity won't happen in this, and Belos won't be evil, just mean) "Yeah... after uncle dies, sis is supposed to rule the Isles, but she doesn't want to." Hunter replied. "Ohhh..." me and Luz said. "We're both homeschooled right now, but eventually he's letting her go to college soon and that's when I'll be able to go to Hexside with you guys." Hunter smiled and Willow tackled him to the ground in excitement.

Hmm... That's interesting. I wonder if I'll ever get to meet her.

While we were playing games and stuff, Amelia told them to go to sleep. I was a bit mad, but she was right, they need to sleep. I headed to my room and so did she. "Hey Amelia." I called out. "Hmm?" she muttered while jumping on the bed next to me.

I was going to ask her more about the Emperor and his niece but decided not to bother her with that. I could see that she was on the verge of passing out. "Never mind princess." I smiled. Amelia tried to yell at me, but the tiredness quickly caught up to her.

I thought for a moment and turned to the mint-haired girl. Is this okay... it is right? Is it normal that this quick... this fucking quick. Only a mere week of knowing her...

I think I'm in love with Amelia Blight.

That's fine though, right?

.

.

.

GUYS IM SO SORRY... I THINK THIS WAS RUSHED... but it probably wasnt... idk...