Chapter 12

Two days later, I found myself fiddling with my phone.....that too at night.

"Just call your boyfriend." Jisoo groaned from the bed. I shot her a glare to which she rolled her eyes and responded with : "Okay fine, just friend. Now call him or let me sleep."

I had already told her that Jungkook has (or probably had) a girlfriend, but Jisoo chose not to believe me at all. She was adamant with her belief that Jungkook likes me.

Damn Kim Jisoo!

"I never told you to be awake, for your kind information." I pointed out.

The next moment, my phone was snatched from my hand.

"Kim Jisoo, what-"

"Hello..."

My hands which were ready to grab the phone back stilled. That voice.....

"Hello Jungkook! I am Jisoo, Y/N's friend..."

"Umm...hi..." His confused voice could be heard through the call.

"Well, I had to call you to inform that Y/N...." She eyed me. "....is too worried about you but is too shy to call you. I understand that love makes people shy at first...I totally understand. Now can you please talk to your girlfriend here so I that I can at least sleep in peace?"

Swiftly, she shoved my phone in my hands and mouthed a 'I'll be downstairs' and literally scurried out of the room, not before throwing a meaningful smirk at me.

I sighed. 

For the 78280165083265209th time.......so much for having a dramatic bestie.

Looking at my hands, I finally remembered I still had a phone to answer. 

Taking a deep breath, I slowly put the phone over my ear.

"Errr...hi...just.....don't mind her. She watches too many romance movies so she can be a bit.....overdramatic at times...."

He chuckled from the other line.

"I did not mind at all. I actually feel that's cute."

I rolled my eyes.

"No way."

"Anyways, are you feeling very tensed?"

I sighed for the nth time. It would be a lie if I said I was not worried, but at this time, I should have been the one asking him that question. He is the one who is actually going to compete, afterall.

"That is not important. I was actually worried about you. Are you.....alright?"

The line went silent, just his slow and deep breaths could be heard from the other side. I remained silent as well.

After almost a minute, he spoke again.

"Honestly, I was feeling a bit nervous. I couldn't sleep. But hearing your voice did soothe my nerves...." He suddenly chuckled. "Are you medicine? Why do you soothe my pain so effectively?"

I snorted at the joke.

"Ya...that's borderline flirting. Jisoo would have gone crazy if she heard that now."

He chuckled again...and none of us spoke again. 

I slowly made my way to the balcony, all the while taking in the sound of his calm breathing. Surprisingly, even his breath seem to have a soothing effect on my nerves.

And he says I am the medicine. Duh!

"Are you.....at your home right now?" I asked as I stretched out my hand to catch a falling snow crystal.

You Are The Reason | JJKOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara