Chapter 8

The day of the competition approached more quickly than we had anticipated. Only four days left until the Taekwondo finals, and Jungkook along with Cha Chisoo has been working their ass off all these weeks.

I had to literally become their second mom at school, taking care of them, feeding them water and snacks on time and bringing equipments from time to time. For these few weeks, I found myself running in an interval of every hour or so, either running after the boys for nagging them to eat or to take care of the club's necessities, which were on the rise since the competition day was approaching.

Even with such a sudden workload, I could not help but worry about Jungkook. No matter how much we help him, at the end of the day, he is the one who would have to fight. His incident with Cheon Muho isn't something that people can ever forget, and him fighting against that guy is like an old wound being reopened.

Currently, I was sitting in the club room with my notebook in hand, mentally calculating the expenses of the equipments for the competition. There were helmets and gloves and other necessary things about which I had very less knowledge. Thankfully, Junseon and Seungmin offered to help me see through the newly-arrived stuffs, since Jungkook is too busy to even look at anything properly.

A loud sound suddenly made me almost jump up in fright. It was then discovered that it was just Jungkook's phone which he had forgotten to put on silent mode. He grumpily made his way to mend the mistake, took his phone to look at the caller ID....and froze....

"Jungkook? What happened?" I was the first one to notice the change of his expression from irritation to complete amazement on seeing the caller ID in his phone.

He turned blankly towards me, and slowly opened and then closed his mouth, as if he had suddenly forgotten his words.

"Cheon Muho."

All the boys present in the room collectively gasped.

"What the heck do you mean by that?" Cha Chisoo sprang forward to Jungkook and looked at the caller ID wildly. "Why is he calling....you?"

Jungkook just shook his head, probably wanting to say that he has no idea. I could literally see all the colours draining from his face.

No! He can't get afraid yet again. He has to stay strong.

I quickly went to him and rested my hand on his shoulder, gripping his muscles tightly.

"Jungkook..." I said in a firm tone. "Remember our goal? You cannot get afraid now."

He stared in my eyes. My words did seem to have an effect on him, for his eyes turned from stressed to a strong sense of motivation. He nodded resolutely, accepted the call and put the phone over his ear.

There was pin drop silence in the room. Everyone of us was trying hard to hear anything that was being said from the other line, but failed.

"Jungkook, put it on speaker I can't hear anything..." Chisoo hissed close to his other ear.

But Jungkook was too lost to even listen to us. He did not even speak anything, as if Cheon Muho had hypnotised him. His expression turned from sour to anger to....

His eyes, which was earlier focussed on particular nothing, suddenly rested on me. I was startled at first, but the expression in his eyes got my heart pounding in an ominous omen.

It was an expression of pure fear.

Why was Jungkook looking at me with fear? What the heck is Cheon Muho even saying to him? Did he manage to break Jungkook's will to fight again? Did all my efforts to revive Jungkook's fighting spirit fail?