Chapter 10

His voice was clear and firm, and I was instinctively drawn towards him. 

I did not enter though....just peeking a little from behind the door, I could see the inside clearly.

Jeon Jungkook was standing tall and high in front of a guy whom I immediately recognised as Cheon Muho. Jungkook's eyes were set firmly on him, almost glaring holes inside him. 

Cheon Muho snorted, his lips curving into a vicious smile. 

"Really? Let's see then. From three days after, she would always choose me. Always. Because people always choose winners, not losers." His voice dropped to almost a whisper at his last sentence. "She is beautiful, isn't it?"

"I challenge you Cheon Muho..." Jungkook's composure was unexpectedly calm and firm as he said these words looking straight in his opponent's eyes. He walked near him until they were almost touching their noses. "....she won't go to you, even in her wildest of dreams. Never."

Cheon Muho tilted his head to one side, still maintaining his foxy smile.

"And how are you so sure? You only met her for a few days."

Jungkook smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes at all.

"Because she is beautiful....inside out. She knows what to choose, unlike you."

Cheon Muho snorted again, and turned around to walk away from him. 

He stopped in his tracks as his gaze straight fell on me. I hadn't realised when I had come out of my hiding place and was now standing in front of the door with Seungmin and Junseon behind. Seeing me, his gaze travelled to Jungkook and back at me. Jungkook had noticed me too, but his composure remained unchanged.

Cheon Muho shot me a vicious glance which made me feel disgusted with every cell of my body. I glared at him, not planning to back off anytime soon. My fingers instinctively curved into a fist, as if ready to beat the shit out of him if he ever tries to do anything (as if I can ever beat him...but who cares).

Fortunately, he did not do anything, not even speak anything. He just scanned me from head to toe with dark eyes, smirked evilly....and left clean.

I finally released a breath I didn't know I was holding. But at the same time, my mind was inevitably flooded with countless questions.

Who is the 'she' they were talking about? Why does Cheon Muho and Jungkook seem to fight over her? I thought they are enemies because of Muho's betrayal. But who the heck is this girl in between? Why did the normally cheerful Jungkook suddenly turned cold when they mentioned her? Is there any other story behind him that I am unaware of? Was that girl....Jungkook's girlfriend?!

I shook my head in an attempt to clear my thoughts which were starting to run wild. I stared up at Jungkook to see if he was fine. To my surprise, I saw him still holding onto his calm before the storm composure as he stared intently at me.

"Why are you here?"

I almost jumped at his sudden deep voice. It was true that being at the last year of high school meant he was already on his way to be a fully grown man from a boy, but at this moment, his tone and controlled composure made him look more mature than his age. I didn't know this cute bunny boy was actually capable to look so intimidating.

"I.....we came here to inspect the duel area. Chisoo sent us."

Suddenly feeling intimidated, I turned towards Junseon and Seungmin to silently ask for their support. They seemed to have felt it, for they quickly nodded their heads to prove the truth behind my words.