Chapter 1

My encounter with Jeon Jungkook was soon forgotten as I got busy with schoolwork. New semester was starting, and that meant lots of paperworks and random stuffs to do.

This year, the new thing was that each of us needed to get into a club for any extracurricular activities we liked.

So here I was, sitting on the green grass in our school playground, looking at the list of clubs available.

"I am really taking the poetry club. What do you think, Y/N?"

I tore my gaze from the paper and looked at Jisoo's excited face.

"Hmm...I think so too. You are so passionate about poetry and literature. I bet you will do a great job."

Jisoo giggled and glanced at the paper in my hand.

"What did you choose?"

"Me?" I stared blankly at the list in my hands. "I.....don't know."

It was the truth, for there wasn't anything other than studying that I am specifically good at...or would like to do.

"There is a science club, see here Y/N..." I looked down to Jisoo's finger pointed towards a particular line on the list. Indeed, there was an option like that.

"You will surely do good there. You should definitely choose that."

I nodded and turned to smile at her.

"Yeah...for there isn't anything else I would be able to do anyway..."

--------------------------------------------

When I went to submit my name in the science club though, I found myself getting blocked my someone. Looking up, it was Lee Jiwoo, our class monitor. 

"Well well, Y/N, where do you think you are going?"

I stepped back a little in order to meet her eyes...and frowned.

"To join the science club. Isn't it mandatory to join a club this year?"

"Why, you didn't find any other club to join?" She smirked. "Ah! I see. No other clubs are ready to take a nerd like you who knows nothing, isn't it?"

Before I could say anything to protest, she shouted out loud.

 "Guys, see who has come to join us getting no other clubs."

Soon, I was surrounded by her group of friends, who were snickering and mocking at me like I was some kind of filthy being. Suddenly, I became a little self conscious. What are they going to do now? 

"I...I just want to apply for this club...." I fought the creeping fear in my heart to keep my voice steady.

"No sweetie, you are not. We are not allowing you. Just go find some other club for your filthy ass..." Jiwoo's voice was malicious, so was her gaze towards me.

"Who are you to dictate what I will do?" My big mouth suddenly mustered up an unnecessary courage to fight against the bullying. I knew I had taken the wrong step as soon as I opened my mouth. Sure enough, I was hit fair and square on the face by none other than Jiwoo. I expected to get my jaw dislocated or at least fall on my back, but all that happened was me standing between a group of bullies and getting bullied.

"I am the monitor, so I get to decide who would stay in this club. How dare you talk back at me, you orphaned shit?" Jiwoo's words were dripping venom. Seeing her face, I felt an overwhelming urge to fight back.....again. Only this time, I did not regret it one moment.