Chapter ten

I was awoken by something being thrown at me

I was awoken by something being thrown at me. I sat up as quickly as possible and felt something soft touching my face.

"What the-"

"Good morning, Brielle," I looked up and saw the man who had asked me to call him Mr Velasco. He smugly smiled as he watched me with his arms crossed over his chest. He wore a white button-down with dark pants and lacquered shoes that seemed to sparkle in the faint light, coming from the corridor. "The nights have been colder, haven't they?" He asked with a smile.

I looked down at the dark blanket on my lap. I didn't even know what I was supposed to say to him. Thank him? For what? Kidnapping me?

"I hope you appreciate my gesture," I looked up at him, mustering all of the strength I could, and smiled.

"Yes, thank you, Mr Velasco," I said, feeling my stomach turn the moment the words left my mouth.

In the two days that had passed, I was fed relatively well and had a few visits from the man before me but never spoke about the outside. I didn't want to bring it up just in case that would strain the chance of getting my daughter out of there.

"Is she alright?" I asked, ensuring I was brief and sounded as calm as possible.

"Yes, Brielle. I made sure Evara is well taken care of," he said, slowly squatting down to be at eye level with me. "In fact, I've spoken to your lover," I hoped he hadn't realised how my breath hitched upon hearing that. My heart started to beat even faster at that. "I'll give her away to him. Does that sound good to you?" I nodded immediately before he brought his finger to my face and touched a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Thank you, Mr Velasco," he smiled again.

"You do realise you will be staying with me, right?" His hand grabbed my jaw. "All mine, Flora," he cooed, forcing me to smile as he inched closer to me. "Don't think that I don't know you're putting on a show in front of me," he said, his lips inches away from mine. "But I'll play along," he pecked my lips. "I've longed for a pretty girl like you, Brielle," he said and kissed me with so much passion, that I thought I would be forced to fall back.

I tried imagining Nicolas and all of the nights we'd spent together. The way his lips felt so soft against mine. The way his hands explored my body that night I came back from Portugal.

"Shh," he shushed me by my ear before his hand touched my waist, sending an electrical current down my spine. "Only good girls get rewarded," I almost smiled if he had not spun me around so fast and pushed me against his body. Owing to that, I almost lost my footing. His strong arm held me tightly around my waist and once his mouth was near my ear, I felt his hard-on press against my ass. "I missed you so fucking much, fiore," I smiled as my head tilted back and touched his head. A groan left his throat as his fingers gripped my waist tighter.

"I missed you too," I breathed out, feeling him smile against my skin before he placed a kiss on my left shoulder, exactly where the tattoo was. Almost as though he knew exactly where it was, which made my heart soar.