19

Norman:
2 days left

I wake up and look at the clock. It says 7:00. Shit- wait it's a Saturday. A wave of relief comes over me.

"Hey Norman," Isabella says walking into the room. "Yeah?" I respond. "You really love Ray, don't you?" She asks me. I turn red. "Y-yeah, I d-do," I say and smile down at Ray. "Would you take his temperature, place it under his tongue," she says tossing me the thermometer. "Uh, sure?" I tell her. "Tell me his temperature if it's 100 degrees or over," she says walking out the door.

I shake him awake. He groans. I sit him up in my lap. He leans on my shoulder. "Ray, baby, I need to take your temperature," I tell him. "B-Baby?!" He says confused. "Just let me take you temperature," I say looking at him. "No," he whines hiding in my shoulder. I grab his chin and lift his head off of my shoulder.

"Ray, darling, open your mouth," I demand. "D-darling?!" He says confused. "Yes, I know, now please open your mouth," I tell him. "N-No," he says flustered. I kiss his cheek. "Please?" I ask him. "N-No!" He exclaims. "You leave me no choice," I say a force his mouth open. I place the thermometer under his tongue.

I waited a minuet before checking the thermometer. "Ray! You have a fever! It's 103 degrees!" I yelp. I lay him down on the bed and leave his room.

"He has a fever of 103!" I yelp. "Oh dear, I need to head off for work, my boss claims it's super important. He needs to take these pills ever meal," she says handing me a bottle of pills. "If his fever doesn't go down, give him this at every meal as well," she says handing me Advil.

I nod and wave her good bye.
I walk back up to Rays room, and place the medicine on his wardrobe. "Ray, how do you feel?" I ask him. "My head hurts," he quietly responds.