4

"Hey Ray," I slowly look at him and pause, "are you okay with... maybe fake dating me..?" His eyes quickly widen and he stares at me. "What do you mean?" He asks still surprised. "To make Emma jealous, maybe we can just act like we're together," I tell him.

"It's totally okay if you don't want to, no pressure," I say after a moment of silence. "Y-yeah, I-I'm t-totally g-good with I-it, I-if you are," he softly stutters as he smiles at me. "Let's start tomorrow, okay?" I tell him. He nods as we wave goodbye and walk into our houses.
—•—•—
To be honest, I didn't ask Ray to fake date to make Emma jealous. I kinda think I like- no love him, but I'm not really sure. He's cute and sweet, don't forget smart. I really think the reason I wasn't giving Emma any attention was because of Ray. I want to spend my life with him, not her.

Ray:
He asked me to fake date him..? Why not Gilda, or Anna even. He chose to fake date me over any other girl. Maybe he likes me back- no I'm just overthinking things. He probably just asked me because I'm his best friend, and he knows he can trust me. Yeah.., that's probably it.

I head into my bathroom and get in the shower. Once I get out, I quickly change, recounting the events of the current day. I throw on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I brush my teeth and get in bed.