Chapter 5

Me (upset and annoyed) - I will go straight to the point... why are you not being cold to me?

Arnav (upset) - My dad... told me you were forced into this marriage... just like I was... and therefore, I realised, you can never be at fault...

Me (annoyed) - So, it takes you a month of me being in a coma to realise my innocence... our three months of marriage were nothing...our 20 years of friendship were nothing...

Arnav (upset) - Khush... let me explain... after seeing your blank face when I confronted you... I realised that you were innocent... and I was about to see Aman, to double-check with him... when you fell down the stairs... I immediately called the ambulance... and even my parents. I saw you conscious and therefore, I went to get the first aid kit... with the instructions... however, by the time I came back... dad and Mum were already there and you were unconscious... I tried to stop the bleeding... but it just wouldn't stop... Trust me, Khush... I tried my best... and then the Ambulance came...

So... he tried to save me... he still cares for me... the name Khush... he used to call me this... when we were younger... but what happened was that he blamed me for Maya's death. I didn't even know they were dating. Arnav, as if he understood my thoughts, spoke up.

Arnav (worried) - I will tell you everything after Khush... just get well right now,

He leaves the room after Ma and Papa enter with smiles.

Ma (smiling) - We have a surprise for you...

As if on cue, the doors open and I am greeted by my parents who are both smiling. Of course, the smile is fake, I could see the irritation on my dad's face even though he is trying to hide it and as for my mother, I have no clue what emotion she has. My dad is about to come to me when Arnav comes in the middle.

Arnav (annoyed) - Mr Gupta... stay away from my wife...

Dad (annoyed) - Who are you to stop me from meeting my daughter? She may be your wife, but she is my daughter first...

Arnav (annoyed) - DAUGHTER! What daughter? The one that you hate to the core...

I was shocked listening to this, how did he know? Did he know all along?

Ma (angry) - Choote! What are you saying?

Arnav looks at his mother with pleading eyes, making Ma shut her mouth.

Arnav (angry) - Please stay away... I am requesting you...

Mum looks at me with tears and drags Dad away while Arnav softens and is about to take Ma and Papa outside.

Me - don't go... I want to know...

I look at him with pleading eyes, even though I want to know how he discovered a secret that no one uncovered until now.

Arnav (upset) - Not now Khushi... I will tell you later, I promise... for now, please get well soon...

He leaves, after instructing me to stay back with him.

Ma (upset) - Khushi... beta, I am like your mother only... I don't know what happened... but I know for one thing... Whenever Choote looks at me with those eyes, it means that the matter is essential and urgent... you can talk to me about anything beta... you are like a daughter that I never had... I have known you since young beta...

Tears start rushing down my eyes, seeing so much love and inclusiveness. I open my arms for her and Ma immediately comes to hug me.

Precap - Arnav and Arvind's discussion

Please vote and let me know your views on this story

PS: Not edited, so ignore all grammar and spelling errors.

I am not the best with graphics or design, so if anyone knows who can help me make a better cover for my story then it would be great. Thank you