Chapter 7

The one week for me goes by very fast, with a lot of pampering from ma and Papa, making me smile. Before my marriage, I got no care from my parents, but now... I have got a caring mother, father and hu... Arnav. However, with all these issues, I still haven't forgotten about Arnav... how he treated me for the first 2 months of our marriage... and how he is treating me now... I want to know the reason behind the sudden change... I want to know why he suspected me... all these questions in my head are killing me... Soon, the doctor comes in with Arnav and gives me a smile...

Doctor (smiling) - I have talked to Mr Raizada, you are fine to leave but do come for your weekly checkups...

I smile at the kind lady and nod, giving her the satisfaction that I will come back soon and she leaves the room. I slowly try to get up from the bed, but I have a hard time, since I haven't moved a lot from the bed. Soon, a hand reaches out to me, and I look up to see him... Arnav...

Arnav (worried) - Khush... let's go... give me your hand...

I stare at his worried look with anger and annoyance. 4 months ago, he felt just being in the same room with him would kill him... and now, he is asking for my hand... wow, he has the guts... I ignore his offer and try to support myself, but I am not able to get up. Suddenly, I feel 2 arms around me and my feet on the floor. Looking up, I am shocked to see Arnav lifting me. Before I could process anything, we were already out of the hospital room.

Me (annoyed) - Put me down, Arnav...

Arnav (worried) - Khush... you couldn't walk... doctor told me specifically, to support you when you walk since you haven't walked for a month...

Me (annoyed) - don't call me Khush... you have lost the right Arnav, and I can ask ma or papa, to help me walk...

Arnav (annoyed) - Khushi, they are at home, doing preparations and I came by myself to pick you up... (upset)... and Khushi... I am sorry for misunderstanding you during the first 3 months... of our marriage... I should have confronted you and asked you... it's and was my fault... I will explain the situation once you get better... and I promise I will not call you by your nickname until you ask me to... let's go home...

I looked up at his eyes, and I could see guilt and sadness on his face, which melted me immediately, for the time being. I will wait until he tells me his side of the story and then only I will allow him to be forgiven... By the time my thoughts halted, I saw a black car in front of me... and this time, it wasn't a Limousine but a black Lamborghini. Arnav slowly puts me down and then opens the door of the Lamborghini.

Arnav (smiling) - sit down...

He holds out his hand, so I can use his hand for support, and I unwillingly use his hand for support to sit in the car. It's not like my leg is broken or anything, but since I haven't walked or used my leg for over a month, it's hard for me to get used to it. I am sitting silently in the car, while surprisingly Arnav is driving. Due to the uncomfortable silence, I reach towards the radio box, and at the same time, Arnav also reaches and therefore our hands brush each other. I immediately pull away, feeling weird.

Arnav - so... I want to tell you something...because I don't want another misunderstanding... about Shyam...

I look at him, my full concentration on his conversation, he is right, at least we should resolve one misunderstanding...

Flashback

A couple are seen holding hands and walking and talking to each other.

Girl (smiling) - Arnav... I am so happy we are able to go on a date...

Arnav (smiling) - I am sorry Maya... that I didn't have a chance for the past few months to take you out on a date. I was too busy studying for our final exams...

Maya (smiling) - it's fine Arnav... I understand... did I complai...

Before Maya could finish her sentence, Arnav spots a familiar figure.

Maya (annoyed) - are you listening to me, Arnav?

Arnav (worried) - Sorry Maya, I thought I just saw Shyam...

Maya looks towards the direction that Arnav is looking and is surprised to see that it is Shyam.

Maya (upset) - it is Shyam... but why do you care about him? We have a movie starting in 10 minutes Arnav... let's go!

Maya is about to drag Arnav to the movie theatre when Arnav sees Shyam about to kiss a female. Arnav immediately lets go of Maya's hold and rushes towards Shyam and as soon as he reaches Shyam, he punches him.

Girl (worried) - How dare you? Who are you to hurt my boyfriend?

The girl that Shyam was with started caressing him, while Shyam starts shivering seeing the great ASR in front of him.

Shyam (scared) - Arnav...

Arnav (angry) - it's ASR for you... and you are coming with me...

Arnav drags Shyam by the collar, while Maya rushes to the girl to explain the situation to her.

Arnav (angry) - How dare you cheat my Khush? She loves you so much and you dare to cheat on her...

Shyam (scared) - I am sorry Arna... I mean ASR... I was forced to... due to family pressure, I had to take this girl out with me, as my parents think she would be a good daughter-in-law for them... I am not her boyfriend... I swear...

Arnav (angry) - Who do you think you are trying to lie to? I saw you trying to kiss her... don't you dare act smart with me, because I can destroy you... NOW TELL ME THE TRUTH...

Shyam (scared) - Khushi... is wonderful, k...kind... and beautiful... but... the fact that she trusts you more than me... the fact that she is comfortable with you more than me... makes me mad... YOU are the reason I am cheating on Khushi... whenever we meet, she would talk mostly about you... her Arnie... I am tired of it... and whenever you are near us... her full concentration is on you... I HATE THAT!... I am her boyfriend, not you...

Arnav (annoyed) - Don't blame this on me, Shyam... as it's your insecurities that are making you do this... in every good relationship, communication is the key... and unless you express your insecurities... to Khush... then only you both can come up with a solution... otherwise, she isn't some mind reader to understanding your insecurities... also, cheating is never something you HAVE to do... there is always another solution, Shyam... Lastly, if you are worried that I will take Khush away from you, then don't worry, I have a girlfriend.... Who I love to the core...Maya!

Maya, hearing her name walks towards Shyam and Arnav after consoling the crying girl.

Maya (smiling) - Yes, Shyam... Arnav would never cheat on me ... for anyone, and Khushi is his friend and nothing more...

Arnav puts his hand around Maya's waist and looks at Shyam straight in his eyes and says 'she is just a friend to me.'

Shyam (upset) - I am so sorry Arnav... I promise never to cheat on Khushi again... I will voice out my thoughts again, Arnav... please don't tell Khushi...

Arnav (annoyed) - do you seriously think I would believe you... NO WAY! I am not giving you another chance... I don't want to see my Khush upset...

Shyam (upset and begging him) - Please Arnav... I will never do this again, and if you don't trust me then you can hire people to watch me...

Precap - More confrontation

Please vote and let me know your views on this story

PS: Not edited, so ignore all grammar and spelling errors.