Chapter 26

Arnav - Khushi, this is the very place we first met and this is the first place I found my gem. I never thought that the little girl with pigtails, always crying for Jalebi would one day be my wife. Although, a little late I owe you a lot you are the reason for my happiness. Since the day I met you, you have made me smile and laugh countless times, although I couldn't do the same. I didn't believe in love after Maya, but as they say, time is the best healer. Spending countless hours with you, joking with you and learning from you, I realised that the true love I wanted and sought was right in front of me. The girl who I thought was just a friend, was more than that. I started waiting desperately for you when you left and I know it may seem hard to believe, but I missed you a lot yesterday. Our marriage had some vows that I was meant to fulfil but in my anger and selfishness, I forgot about them which is why I want to renew them. I planned to do them right now, at this very place, but I want you to go through every marriage ritual, with its meaning with me by your side. So not only will this strengthen our relationship, but also bring more and more blessings. Although hesitant at first, I will now officially say to you, Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada that I love you dammit. I can't promise that if you accept this proposal I will make sure we live happily because that's not possible but I can promise that I will try and make sure I try and bring joy to your life. I will try my best to support your decisions, I will listen to you. I will try to control my anger and I will prioritise you over Aman. Will you again make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?

I stare at him with tears in my eyes, and without thinking I run towards him.

Me (crying) - Arnav Singh Raizada, I too love you damn it and if you start spending more time with Aman, I will not talk to you for 24 hours. (he laughs) You know Arnie, I never thought that the person who made me smile since I was a child and the person who hurt me, will one day be the guy I fall for. I won't deny that I was hurt by you, but as you said time heals wounds and although this wound isn't fully healed, I don't mind taking a leap of faith and giving you a second chance.. Giving us a second chance.

Both of us emotionally hug and Arnav leans towards me, and we share a kiss.

AFTER 3 YEARS

No One's POV

A man is sulking in a dark room, staring at a piece of paper, with shock. He then eventually, in his anger, crumbles the paper and is about to throw it when a bulky and tall man stops him. The man opens up the paper and immediately slaps the second guy.

Man (angry) - It has been 3 years Shashi, 3... your daughter's sorry adoptive daughter has not just made your business profitable but also made it international. Something you couldn't do. I never get why you hated her... if I had such a young and successful daughter like yours, I would be outside celebrating her success, boasting about her... But look at me. I am stuck in this cell due to my son. I slapped him, for drunk driving and nearly killing someone, and in revenge, he caged me here and made me a murderer when I haven't even done anything. You know what my daughter is doing right now, she is trying every way to free me. She is still 18 but she is very smart. She is trying so hard to make sure I come out.

Shashi (angry and blood oozing) - Shut up, every day it's the same story... Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada achieved this, achieved that. Payal Sharma achieved this and achieved that. I never hear anything else. I doubt that you aren't a murderer... your son would never do anything like that. I hope your daughter never gets you out and this way you will know...

As if on queue, a guard comes in with a young girl who has papers in her hand and a smile.

Daughter (smiling) - Papa, I found proof and I also got you bail.

Soon the daughter starts waving her paper, at the father who has tears in his eyes.

Daughter - Papa, we shouldn't cry on this joyous occasion. Do you know who helped me? Payal didi....