Chapter 25

Payal - Khushi, I have gotten us bookings at a spa for tomorrow.

I stared at Payal, shocked, she was never the person interested in spa, or facials or anything so why did she all of a sudden want to do that? She knows I am not either... I am about to question her choice, when buaji, who woke up not too long ago, drags me and starts putting oil in my hair.

Buaji - Meri titaliya, since when did you grow up? It was just yesterday when I was applying oil in your hair, and now my child is married, and is at the age to have a child one day...

Buaji is about to say more when Payal interrupts and wipes Buaji's tears.

Payal - Arey buaji, I am also grown up and married, why are all tears for Khushi, why not for me? Who is about to be a mother...and you a dadi... and Khushi a masi...

Both of us immediately stare at Payal, praying she isn't laughing but her red cheeks say something else. I immediately get up and hug Payal while buaji starts crying more.

Payal - I wasn't going to say anything but seeing buaji emotional, I decided to cheer up the mood. I am only in the early months of pregnancy. Don't tell Akash I told you guys, because I still have to inform his family.

My life is having a 360-degree turn, and slowly but successfully my wounds are getting closed. As they say, time is the only medicine you need. Soon, the hug comes to an end as we start questioning about the child.

Payal - Khushi, just because I am pregnant doesn't mean I won't be working at your company. Doctors said I can still work for a while before I go on maternity leave. I want to be an inspiration for my children. They should see me balance my working and home life. I regret quitting my job after my marriage, so this time I will try my best to not regret anything.

Me (emotional) - You are going to be my business partner pagli, how can I even have success without you? I want my niece/nephew to see their masi and mum as huge CEOs.

Next Day

The morning became a blur from the moment I woke up. Lots of pampering, the spa day then shopping. We are about to head to dinner, when Payal starts insisting I wear a red saree she bought for herself. It's beautiful, but it's even prettier on her, why would I get it? It's very expensive.

Payal (angry) - No ifs or buts, if you love your niece/nephew you are going to wear it.

Soon, a horn is heard and I rush towards it to see Arnav looking dashing as always in his black suit

Soon, a horn is heard and I rush towards it to see Arnav looking dashing as always in his black suit. As I was staring at him, I could feel his eyes checking me out as well. Both of us stared at each other until Payal and Buaji fake coughed.

Buaji - Bitwa, aj hi jana hein (we have to go today only)

Payal laughs while Arnav and I look away from each other. If only he didn't look this handsome today.

Arnav quickly opens the door for me, then for buaji and Payal. The journey there is filled with lots of talks, gossip and laughter. That is until I saw Arnav taking the wrong turn... we were supposed to go to my favourite restaurant, so why did he take the exit of our old preschool?

Me - Arnav, our exit isn't for another 10km, you took the wrong turn.

Arnav - chill Khushi, I know a shortcut...

Shortcut? This will take us to a dead end... the school has been shut down and all that's left is a mountain.

Me - no Arnav...

I am about to argue when the car comes to a halt and I see my parents and Garima Ma on the other side waiting for me. What is happening? I could also see Arnav's parents with tears in their eyes, watching me. What is happening? I get down from my car and rush to them when they stop me and ask me to turn back... and there I see Arnav on his knees