thirty two : : i watched her die

A small smirk creeps up my face at the mention of my Father. He despised Potter with all the magic in his bones. He hated that he was defeated by a child. I try to dismiss my grin with a reminder I'm not talking to these dweebs for him. I'm doing it for her.

As our little catch-up session is over I grab a shoe, smashing the window. I climb out. The children stare at me starstruck at the sudden action. A small cut on my hand from the glass. I ignore it as I look down at the glimmering lake.

______

Days go by and meetings seem more frequent. Father even considered me dropping school, though he needs me and the others to complete one of our original tasks Bellatrix had suggested when she was looking for something to keep me preoccupied whilst Father was... Dead. Collecting the Deathly Hallows. It's not much of a priority for me. Though my Father's little side quests were distracting I ensure to get both jobs done. 

Waiting outside Dumbledore's office with Nott and Berkshire I feel a sharp headache nagging at my brain. I light a smoke in an effort to ignore it, though the cloaked figure makes an appearance also distracting me. I lower a cigarette from my face and glare at it for a few moments. I can't chase after it or the other two'll ask questions. An angry expression painted on my face I take another puff watching closely.

As I'm watching the figure another appears. My grip on the cigarette tightens as I look around confused. More figures begin appearing. The other two don't seem to notice but I refuse to draw attention to it. I assume it's another of Father's tasks, though it's odd that we hadn't been summoned for it. Instead they send whoever they may be.

My thoughts slowly start to spiral as I wonder what they're doing, and why there's so many of them. I also question if one of them are the one from the roof. I can't help but think it was her up there that night, though it couldn't of been. 'I watched her die ' I think to myself, dismissing the thought of her being on the roof. A sharp sting in my head. "No you didn't,"  Echoes a voice. Her voice. A montage of memories soon follows, filling my brain. Each memory included Y/n. Whether it's a happy memory or a sad one it didn't seem to matter, they just seemed to keep appearing.

Slowly but surely the memories began to fade and my mind cleared. I turn to the side and there was one figure left stood there. I watch as it's tackled to the ground by Potter. I blurt out a chuckle. Berkshire sneaks up behind me to see what I'm laughing at. A small smile remains on my face, though I try to focus back on the task.

Theo soon makes his way towards us and I can't help but break character again. We watch for awhile longer as Harry tries to attack the cloaked Wizard/Witch. Ron soon enters the frame, as does Hermione who's yelling at the pair. We're laughing and chuckling as this takes place, not daring to help them.

Overtime the lot take off down the hall and we're stood there looking at each other. We let out yet another laugh at the odd event, though a voice startles us and we go silent again. "Boys? Can I help you?" Professor Mcgonagall questions. "Uhh, we were looking for Professor Dumbledore," Lorenzo lies. I keep my hands behind my back, hiding my cigeratte, whilst I wait a response I already knew. "Ahh, I see. Sorry but, Dumbledore's on a trip," She tries to explain. We quickly glance at each other. He really was off to see the Ministry.

"Oh-" Theo tries to act confused. He's a pathetic actor. "I guess we'll be off then," Lorenzo says, in an effort to escape. We all quickly turn around and start to walk off. We needed to get into the office at some point but waiting outside wasn't going to do much anyway. "I'm going back to the common room," Theo sighs. Lorenzo had already disappeared.

Down the hall I take a turn, headed to the direction the trio had wandered off too when they took the cloaked figure. It took awhile but I'd heard them yelling when passing the Astronomy tower. As I reached the top of the stairs it wasn't difficult to understand why. I look at Bonnie who'd been dragged along  by force. I could tell by the miserable look on the face. Then again it could've easily been because of the masked-moron.

I glare down disappointingly. "You're not who I expected to see," I state pointing my wand at his neck.

AUTHORS NOTE:

When you spend an extra 3 days on a chapter to make sure the story still makes sense... that's right I spent 3 extra days going over specific  chapters to make sure I had it right- I also nearly didn't finish this till later but I went through my notifications and got nice comments, so to answer your non-existent question... yes I accept bribes, and yes compliments will get these chapters done faster.

Next chapter: I actually don't know-