twenty two : : princess dresses

Y/Ns POV:

Friday morning. The morning of the Yule Ball. Classes end after lunch so everyone can prepare. Stacey begged me all morning to go. I wasn't feeling up to it after everything that's been going on, but I figured this would be my only chance to go to the ball so I gave in. Pulling my arm she drags me straight from the great hall to our dorm. On the way we quickly gather the Lovegoods, Hermione, Ginny, and Bonnie. Thena, Stacey and I had agreed to help the girls get ready.

I reach into the back of my closet revealing a stereo. As the girls bounce around energetically, I smile at the bunch, sitting on the bed doing Bonnies hair, her eyes fixed on my letters. "All done!" I say resting my head and arms on her shoulders. "Hmm?" She turns round confused "Your hair? It's finished." "Oh, right, Thanks!" She smiled and hurried to the others. She showed off the braid before Ginny came and sat infront of me. 

I spent awhile doing each of the girls hair as Stacey helped them with their dresses. Thena did our nails, and after a couple hours we were all set. We hung out in the dorm for a bit too as the ball wasn't for another 2 or so hours. The lot of them gather around in a circle with their big-ass princess dresses. Bonnie sits down on my wheelie chair inspecting my desk.

Giggles escape from the girls in the circle but I try to ignore them, I don't think I want to be apart of whatever's going on down there. I turn around and notice Bonnie holding up the stamped letters. I think nothing of it and look back down to the book before she approaches me. "What're these?" She asks. "I wish I knew," I say looking her dead in the eye. I notice a sad glimpse in her eyes as she looks away. "Do you know what the stamp means?" She asks, her voice softened. "I haven't given it much thought actually. Do you know?" She shakes her head as I notice her eyes slightly watering. "Alright then..." I say, my voice fading as I watch her spirits crush. Quickly we both snap out of it as the others call us over. 

We look to each other, then back at them, "What...?"  "Come, we'll explain," Little Lovegood says patting the ground. Bonnie sits next to Luna, Me next to Stacey.

_________

"Right so we're making a fancy entrance for Hermione," I say. "So that Ron gets jealous," Bonnie continues. "And Krum doesn't run off with another girl," I finish. "Mhmm," Stacey nods her head, proud. "Sure, I'm in," I say sitting back. Hermione smiles before turning to Bonnie. She looks at her, then to the others. "You don't have to if you don't want to," Granger states. "No.. no.. I'll help," she says. Hermione smiles again and hugs her.

For the next while we all plot and plan before being startled by a knock on the door. "Y/n!?" Yells a voice. They all look to me, remaining silent. "Let me in! I know you're there." "Fucking hell-" I mumble under my breathe getting up. I open the door slightly, standing in the doorway, blocking the view. "What do you want?" I say looking him up and down. "Do you still have that suit from-" Harry asks. I cut him off, "Yeah, why?" "Ron looks ridicul-" I cut him off again by slamming the door in his face. I turn to face the group. "Ginny, Hermione," The pair look to each other concerned. "You'll be pleased to know Ron looks like a moron." They both exhale with a chuckle. "Mhmm, You're welcome, Karma's a bitch, Now shall we move on?"

Quickly I return to the circle helping up Hermione. "Your moment has come," I chuckle as I curtsy. Everyone gets up and follows before crowding the door. I crack the door open slightly and watch as Harry and Ron walk out the common room in defeat. We quietly sneak out after them pausing in the halls and splitting up.

Thena and I didn't have dates so we stuck with Hermione to let her know when exactly the time was right. It wasn't long until Little Lovegood gave as the all clear. I was at the top of the staircase hidden behind a pillar, Thena at the bottom. I felt an overwhelming sense of pride as those watching stood in awe. I'm happy for her.

AUTHORS NOTE

Again I've already started writing the next chapter..

NEXT CHAPTER: Ideally in about an hour but realistically 1-2 days

CHAPTER INSPO: THE NEXT CHAPTER