thirty one : : compare notes

MATTHEOs POV:

With fathers return being so recent he's been less focused on me than he used to be. He had goals now. Intentions more cruel and intense then they once were. This gave me more freedom, yet somehow expected to do more death-eater-chores. There'd only been a small collection of us who believed he's come back, so numbers had grown. Not without punishment. Majority of the older death eaters were executed, previously loyal followers escaped with a mere scrape.

Within my time between classes and tasks I'd decided I'd focus on research. Prior to this I wanted to scope out Y/n's room to see if I could find anything of use. For nostalgia I climbed onto the roof, walking the path I'd seen her take one night after a Death-eater meeting. Nearing her window I squint my eyes at what seemed to be a cloaked figure watching from outside her room. I glare at it. Slowly I take a step closer. A loose roof tile sliding off the roof. A sharp turn from the figure, knocking the window as they do so. It seemed to be staring at me, before running off. I chase after it, pausing at the window.

Potter? I spot him grabbing random papers in a rush. My gaze soon transitioning to another figure within the room. A floating head? Zsa. She'd found the cloak. Sighing I rush in the direction of the other cloaked figure, though quickly stopping.

As I come to a hault I glare at the figure. They stopped at the top of the roof. Their cloak, flowing in the wind. Inspecting it from a distance I watch as they lean backwards, falling from the building. My eyes widen and I hurry over to the roofs edge. Nothing. They disappeared.

Puzzled I wander round the castle grounds. Still nothing. I spend a fair-while outdoors though retreating, and heading back inside. The whole situation was extremely confusing. I come to the conclusion that Bonnie and the gutsy goldens know something I don't. As I re-enter I spot one of the three. Quietly she struts down the hall. I lurk close behind. As if she sensed my presence she slowly sped up, rushing into the common room. I manage to make it in behind her. It was late at night and few people were up. None of them seemed to care I'd entered. She did though.

The bushy haired girl glared up at me. "Which dorm?" I ask. Scrunching up her face she remained silent. I bubbling anger grows within me. I look up to see a Weasley. I look down at the girl raising my brow, soon making my way over to the Ranga.

I could hear her steps following behind me. She didn't say anything, nor' did she try stop me. My hands in my pockets I walk quietly, resting on the door frame of the dorm the Weasley had just entered. I look at the three. A cruel grin on my face. Pathetic children.

"Gonna make me eat slugs?" I hear Bonnie ask with a chuckle. Making my presence known I soon respond with a snicker, "Cute joke Zsa." A cold belittling tone in my voice. Hermione appears from behind me nervously, soon regrouping. An unsaid tension as I glare at the group. Bonnie tries to exit. She was uncomfortable. Scared. I put my arm out to stop her exiting.

I hear her subtle sigh. A shakiness in her voice. "I have questions," I state coldly. I turn her round and she keeps her head down as she stands by the others.

"Like what!?" The red-head yells, repositioning himself so he's not so close to Potter. I inspect the letters on the bed, and the cloak in Zsa's hand. Harry acknowledges my silence, glancing back at the letters too. "Actually, I have some questions of my own," He says inching closer, as if trying to intimidate me.

I chuckle a little bending down at him slightly, "Well then. Let's compare notes shall we?" Fixing my posture I light a cigarette. Taking a puff I glare out the window. There it is again. I narrow my eyes at it. "What do you mea-" Potter begins to go on a tangent, though I tune out his arguing as I stare at the figure at the window. It continues to watch. "..are you even listening? What are you looking at?" As Harry looks behind him, out the window. It disappears again.

I look back down at him. "First note. That thing. If you see the figure again, come get me," I say coldly. If anything that was our biggest hint. I begin pacing. "Second 'note', the letters." All their eyes snap over to me. The Weasley oblivious to the situation.

"What about them?" Granger asks. I look at Bonnie who turns away angry and embarrassed.  Hermione looks to her. "Third. The cloak," I say my eyes still fixed on Bonnie. Bonnie's attention now on Harry, who's still glaring out the window. Weasley storms out confused. I watch as he leaves.

As I'm distracted Potter pitches in, "Fourth. Voldemort."

AUTHORS NOTE

AHAHHAHAH IT'S FINALLY ON TIME... lowkey shit.. but we're getting there

next chapterrr.. next week??