025

-
-
-
-

Y/N'S EYES WERE GLUED ON HER PHONE

screen as she exited the training camp. She was checking in with Girolain about Sae's schedules that needed to be cancelled because Sae wasn't going back to Spain. Many of the training centres for different sports were located nearby so it was pretty common to come across someone who was playing professionally or training to become one.

And just like that Y/N came across some familiar faces. "Oh! Y/N?" She heard a voice call out. Y/N looked up from her phone to see three familiar faces smiling at her. It was a group of three girls  – Haru, Kenta, and Mina. Y/N's heart skipped a beat as she recognized the girls from the team she had faced in the national finals. She hadn't expected to run into them here, and memories of that intense match flooded her mind. The loss had been so disappointing that she quit playing volleyball all along. 

She forced a smile, trying to hide the mixture of emotions bubbling within her. "Hey, it's been a while," she greeted them, her voice slightly shaky.

Haru, the team captain, seemed genuinely happy to see her. "Yeah, it has," she replied with a warm smile. "How have you been?" Haru was her childhood friend, the one Y/N introduced volleyball to. 

"I've been... okay," Y/N said, not wanting to reveal the emotional turmoil she felt about the past. "Just focusing on other things."

Kenta, the team's dependable blocker, chimed in, "We heard you stopped playing volleyball after the finals. That's a shame; you were a formidable opponent."

But even though her words were of someone who admired a person... the sound of her tone was saying otherwise... it was in a rather mocking way. "Our couch made such a big deal about you. He lectured us on all of your skills and stuff, we almost thought that defeating you would be difficult but... it wasn't" Mina said, which gave rise to the awkward air between them. 

Y/N took a deep breath, trying to compose herself despite the hurtful comment. She understood that emotions could run high after a tough match, but Mina's words still stung. She had worked hard and poured her heart into volleyball, only to experience a devastating loss in the national finals. It had taken a toll on her confidence and love for the sport.