019

----

-
-
-
-

BEING IN HOME COUNTRY WAS THE BEST FEELING

and Y/N couldn't deny it. The moment she set her foot in Japan, a sense of warmth and belonging took over her. Girolain acknowledged her efforts, saying, "You did a nice job managing Sae." Y/N smiled in response, replying, "No worries! It's been 1 month and 3 weeks exactly! Few more weeks to go."

Girolain let out a nervous laugh and asked, "You are keeping count?"

"Of course I am!"

"What are you guys talking about?" Sae asked, interrupting the conversation between his managers. The trio had returned to Japan for Sae's passport renewal, and Girolain had tagged along to be close to him and take responsibility.

Sae and Y/N bid farewell to Girolain in the hotel and went back to the car because Sae's schedule was packed. Y/N expressed frustration, asking, "How many interviews do you give?"

"Trust me, I hate it as much as you. I don't even want to give them. I don't understand why Girolain agreed to all of them."

Y/N's eyes scanned the tablet screen, and she hummed, "Well, it will boost your popularity. Giving an interview here, the country you were born in, will make you seem like you love it, even though you play for a different club."

"Well, that's not true. I don't like it here, and Japan's team is useless."

Y/N sighed, "You can't do anything about it. Just show your nice side to the public, you get it?"

"Yeah, yeah..."

---

"My name's Nihei, from the football journal. Thank you for accepting our request to interview you here today," the man said with a smile. "It may be a bit sudden, but... up until now, you have been in the lower categories for Real Madrid, a world-renowned institution. But before getting a chance to play for their first team, you've now returned to Japan. Which leads me to ask, does that mean we'll get to see you play in our J-League?" he asked, and Sae looked at him straight in the eye, resting his cheek on his knuckles, and replied,