What Have We Done: Lisa

I know it had been a stupid fight. I shouldn't have picked a fight with Hunter, but I just couldn't help myself. I had to know. It was so wrong and it obviously upset Hunter, but I just couldn't hold myself back while we were arguing. Now, all I am wishing is to go back and stop myself. Yet, while we walk in an awkward silence, I can't bring myself to say sorry. I wish that I could change, break out of my stupid nutshell, wake up, do something, anything.

I watched the others walk ahead of me as we entered Dygithal. Anita walked next to me. She obviously wanted to talk to me, but didn't know what to say. Hunter and Damian broke out into a run. Anita, Edwin, and I dashed towards them. We finally had arrived the exit point. Once again, it felt so wrong. This felt too easy. The only part that we had been remotely close to danger was the shoot out of the people with terrible aim. Something was wrong here, and I wanted to find out why this was so easy. Edwin began typing on the computer and in seconds had hacked in. I logged out first, followed by Edwin, followed by Anita, followed by Damian, followed by Hunter. Once again, way too fast.

I woke up to see Miranda smiling in my face.
"Hello?" I said, jumping slightly.
Miranda laughed and grinned at her sister. Hunter stood up and looked around.
"It's a little crowded in here. Lisa, stay here with Chris. Everyone else, follow me, I'm taking you to my brother's manor so that you're safe and we have more room," Hunter ordered.
I opened my mouth to protest but Edwin stopped me. I sighed, and watched as Hunter took the others and left. All I wanted to do was be with Hunter, and I blew that. Chris stroked my hair gently while I laid on the ground.
"What happened in there? Something happened to you," he asked, looking at me.
I sighed sadly and looked at Chris.
"I picked a stupid fight with Hunter and I want to say sorry but, I just can't," I replied in almost a whisper.
Chris frowned and groaned.

Time seemed to tick by hours instead of minutes. I was so bored. With nothing to do, and no sign of Hunter, sitting here in the dark silence with Chris was starting to become boring. Chris looked up with a sudden grin. He grabbed Hunter's computer and began typing wildly.
"What are you doing?" I asked, ready to rip the computer from his hand.
Chris glanced up at me for a moment.
"Hunter isn't going to be back for ages. We're dying of boredom. Why not just finish a simulation for him and make our lives so much easier?" Chris suggested, typing wildly.
I looked at him like he was retarded.
"You're mental, lets just wait for Hunter," I replied, thinking fast.
Before I could stop him, Chris went limp, obviously entering the simulation.
"Retard! You're going to get yourself killed!" I yelled in anger, grabbing Hunter's computer.
I entered myself into the simulation and left the real world behind.

I woke up in a bedroom.
"Where are we?" Chris asked, looking at the white walls and furniture.
I looked around and began thinking, trying to figure something out.
"It looks like a hospital room," I replied, standing up and going to the door.
Suddenly, a boy with black hair and a girl with brown hair walked in.
"Hey, who are you?" the girl asked, straightening her white uniform.
The boy looked at us confused.
"They're real," Chris said.
I sighed and stood up.
"You're going to have to trust me here and hear me out," I announced, looking at them.
The boy cocked his head.
"Okay, tell us," the girl ordered.

"My name is Lisa, and his name is Chris. We're from reality. This world is fake, a simulation, created by a system invented by scientists who are experimenting on your bodies. We're here to break you out so that you will be free. This way, you can escape the pixels and come to reality," I explained.
The girl's jaw dropped, staring at us.
"My name is James, and this is my girlfriend Susan," the black haired boy announced, pointing at the brunette girl.
I smiled at his easily convinced personality.
"So, where are we?" I asked, looking around.
Someone in complete black, with their face covered walked into the room.
"You're in the Dygithal hospital," the person said as the pulled a gun and shot at James.
Susan screamed. I pulled my gun fast and shot the person, but before I could, they disappeared into pixels. James collapsed to the ground. I knelt down next to James, along with Susan. Chris looked around in a panic.
"Is he dead?" Chris asked, staring at the door.
I put my hand on James's throat.
"No," I replied. Susan sighed with relief.
"His healing abilities should kick in soon," she announced.
I looked at Susan, confused.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
Suddenly, James's wound began healing. The skin sealing up the wound and disappearing as though it was never there.
"Whenever we get hurt, this happens, and we heal, as though we had never even been hurt," Susan explained.
I began thinking things through.

Once James's wound was healed, he was just unconscious.
"We can't exactly leave until he wakes up," Chris said with a sigh.
I frowned and sat on the bed.
"Well, you two should sleep, you look exhausted," Susan announced, stretching.
I yawned and laid down. Chris laid down on the floor instead. Susan lifted James up onto the bed, then laid on the floor, next to Chris. I smiled, watching them together. They seemed kind of cute, but I guess Susan was with James. Then again, I thought I was with Hunter before I screwed all of that up. It made me sad to think. I curled up with the blanket over my face. Susan suddenly pulled the blanket down.
"Sleeping under the blanket could suffocate you, sleep above the blanket," she explained.
I groaned and buried my face into my knees. I cried into my knees silently until sleep took me over, and plunged me into the dark, silent, nothingness.