Change: Jonathan

"We need clothes," Lisa whispered, shivering behind me.
Most of the water had dried off me fast or blown behind me as I sped the motorcycle. Lisa was soaked, though she was trying to keep herself distracted by talking to Hunter. To be honest, I don't trust him. A guy shows up at our party, kills all our friends and expects us to trust him. He is armed and could kill us in a second. Plus he's telling us our lives are not real. This all just feels like a lie so that he can lure us off and kill us painfully. As though he feasts off torture or something. He might be right about the simulations. It would explain the crashing. Though I don't trust him, not one bit.

We pulled up in a mall with little money, clothes, or body heat. The sun was setting, but Hunter said we cannot trust our families. We decided to at least buy some clothes before we spend the night driving. Luckily, Lisa always keeps a bit of cash in her bra. Though I believe that must be very uncomfortable. We walked into the mall with ten dollars each.
"Work cheap, try get something good for travelling, but cheap," Hunter explained before walking off to explore the mall.
Lisa waved at me and walked away. I rolled my eyes and went to the dollar store. I quickly bought myself clean underwear, a pair of sweatpants, a white shirt, a pair of socks, black sneakers, and a black jacket.

I sat by the entrance of the mall, waiting for Lisa and Hunter to return. Hunter was back first, still carrying around a shot gun, but he also had a large plastic bag and a cowboy hat on his head.
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?" I demanded, looking at the hat with disbelief.
Hunter looked at me with wide eyes.
"I do believe that is a cowboy hat sir," he announced.
I face palmed. Could he be anymore stupid and ridiculous?
"Get rid of it," I ordered, staring at Hunter.
Hunter reached for the shot gun that was in the holster on his back.
"Do we have a problem?" he asked cautiously.
My eyes widened and I shook my head. Hunter smirked as I turned away from him and rolled my eyes.
"Good, that's what I thought," Hunter hissed as he looked around for Lisa.
Lisa walked out of a store with a new outfit. She was wearing a black shirt, ripped jeans, and sneakers. She looked way different than I had ever saw her before. Lisa has always been this girly girl who only wore dresses, never jeans. This just felt wrong to see her like this.

"Lisa, what did you do?" I asked cautiously.
Lisa cocked her head, obviously confused.
"I...you've never dressed like this before," I announced, barely able to explain it.
Lisa rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.
"I'm so sick and tired of being normal, and I wanted to try out something new, a little adventure," she chuckled with a grin.
Lisa pulled a flip blade out of her pocket with a grin. Hunter glanced over her and smiled. My cheeks felt hot as I stared at them. Maybe I was mad, or maybe it was just jealousy.
We were on my new motorcycle, driving on the highway.
"Tell me, where in hell are we going again?" I demanded as the natural light of the sun began to fade.
Lisa shivered slightly. Hunter scooted forward, squeezing her more in between the two of us on the motorcycle seat.
"We're heading north, until we can get to Dygithal, a city in every simulation that contains an exit port," Hunter explained as he took his gunny off his back and reloaded it.
I sighed and continued to speed up.

Once the light was faded, the air grew cold. Lisa was leaning on my back, struggling to stay awake as the wind ripped through her hair and blew into Hunter's face. Hunter was antsy to get out of here, but Lisa and I were exhausted. The next motel I saw, I pulled up outside.
"Now, how to pay for a night," I sighed to myself as I got off the motorcycle and stretched my legs.
Lisa stumbled off of the motorcycle and almost face planted, only to be caught by Hunter who grabbed the back of her dress then pulled her back up to her feet. Hunter saw an old lady holding her purse and walking towards the motel. He began to walk towards the woman, holding onto his gun.
"Hunter, no," I muttered, running off after him.
Hunter said nothing as he shot the old woman in the head. He was far less than hesitant as he took the woman's purse and stole all her money. Lisa walked over to us and yawned.

We walked inside the motel and paid the keep. He sent us to room twenty three. I half carried, half lead Lisa over to the room. Hunter took the key that the keep gave him and opened the door. Inside the room was a large double bed. Lisa fell onto the bed without even taking off her boots, in seconds, she was out like a light. Hunter groaned as he took his gun with him to the bathroom. I pulled off Lisa's boots gently, took off my shoes and sat next to Lisa on one side of the bed. Hunter came out of the bathroom and sat on the bed on the other side of Lisa.

"Don't even think of touching her!" I growled as I turned off the lamp at my bedside.
Hunter rolled his eyes and laid down next to Lisa then rested his gun on the bedside table, aimed at the room's door.
"I won't touch her, just sleep dude, and stop having problems with change. Your life is about to change one hell of a lot, and we can easily just leave you here, while I take Lisa to reality, okay?" Hunter mumbled in response.
I muttered something under my breath as I got comfortable and laid down. Within seconds after I closed my eyes, I could hear Hunter snoring. I felt anger growing in me for no reason. I shook my head and focused on falling asleep. After a while, I slipped into a dreamless sleep.