In And Out: Hunter

We arrived at a road side motel. I looked at the little girls. They kept singing little songs. Though they may be cute, they are definitely annoying.
"So, we doing this your way?" Lisa asked, reaching for her hand gun.
I grinned and nodded, grabbing my shot gun from the holster on my back.
"Okay girls, stay close to us, don't leave our sides until we say it's safe," I ordered, watching them shake slightly.
Even though they were wearing our huge jackets, they looked like they were freezing. Though I must admit that this simulation is way colder than mine, and Lisa's.

Lisa and I gripped our guns and walked into the motel. A man stared at us wide eyed then reached for his phone. I saw hesitance in Lisa's eyes to pull the trigger. Knowing she doesn't have the guts to end this man, I took my gun, aimed it at the man's chest, then pulled the trigger. Miranda and Bethany jumped behind us as the bang echoed from the gun. The man sank to the ground as the bullet buried into his chest. Lisa grabbed a set of keys to a room and a crappy car outside. I took the keys and led the girls out of the room. Lisa found the car and noted where it was parked before coming to meet us in the motel room.

The room was small, and not very clean. Though there was two beds, a chair, a closet, a TV, and a bathroom that had a toilet, sink, and shower. We decided Bethany and Miranda would share the bed furthest from the door. Then Lisa and I would share the closest bed. The two little girls laid on the bed and was out like lights. Lisa hummed something softly as she tucked them in. I couldn't help but smile at her.
"So what's the plan from here?" she asked in a whisper.
I began thinking for a moment.
"I think we should head straight to Dygithal, then get the girls out. Then I'll pick them up while you watch the download for Experiment Red in the real world. Then we can speed through all of them fast. Just quickly, in and out," I explained, a grin forming on my face.
I threw myself down onto the bed, then Lisa laid next to me. She smiled as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close.
"Why didn't you save Experiment White?" she questioned.
I stared into her blue eyes and frowned.

"Since the cloning, their bodies were horribly destroyed. The only reason they are alive is the simulation. Pulling them out would lead them to have a slow and painful death, where as living in the simulation will allow them to live somewhat of a full life," I explained, feeling remorse fill my voice.
Lisa sighed sadly. I could tell that the cruelness of the scientists upset her. I planted a kiss on her cheek, making her blush a deep red. Lisa was cute when she blushes. Though she looks a lot like Alex. I just need to push those thoughts aside. Alex is gone. Lisa is all that's left. I will fight for Lisa, even if it means death. That's one thing I don't fear, and I will put a bullet in the head of anyone that tries to hurt her. Lisa soon fell asleep in my arms. I placed a kiss on her forehead then fell asleep next to her.

I woke up to Lisa moving around fitfully in my arms. Her heart was pounding under my hands. Her whole body was shaking, fighting, as though she was trapped. Though she was still asleep. Her breaths grew more and more rapid, sending me to panic. I let go of Lisa and began shaking her. She was about to scream, and I could tell. Seeing the still sleeping little girls, I threw my hands over Lisa's mouth. I blocked the sound as her eyes flew open and she screamed into my hand. I hushed her quietly as her body relaxed and her breathing steadied. Through the darkness, I could see and feel the tears soaking her cheeks.

Once she was calm, I took my hand from her mouth, Lisa through her arms around me and buried her face into my neck.
"Shh, it's okay, you're okay," I whispered in her ear soothingly.
It's hard for me to know what to say, but I can say basic things to comfort her. I stroked Lisa's back and watched her as she shook in my arms.
"Calm," I muttered, pulling the blanket up to cover both of us.
I felt her warm tears drip onto my neck, I've never seen Lisa break down entirely like this, it's strange.
"What's wrong?" I asked quietly, stroking Lisa's shaking body.
She looked at me. Her blue eyes were wet with tears.
"I had a nightmare," she whispered, crying.
I tightened my grasp around her.
"About what?" I questioned, hoping I wasn't pushing her too far.
Her blue eyes were pale and shiny.
"I think I had a sister, who was taken into the simulations before me, and my parents signed a contract. They were supposed to put me in when I became the age of five. That's why my family was killed and I was kidnapped at the age of six," she explained, looking at me.
My mind began running as I thought about this. Lisa had a sister in the simulations? I wonder if we'll get to save her sister, or if the whole thing is just a cruel nightmare?

Eventually, I soothed Lisa back to sleep, then laid with her. I watched the time tick by as night began to drift away. Tomorrow, I want to be out of this simulation and trying to get into the next one. I want to try have all these simulations cleared in the next two weeks. This would provide us with a swift course of cleared people to send home, instead of a long period of waiting to get another couple of experiments out. Lisa's plan to get them all out at once will definitely be faster than getting them out one by one. As my thoughts began to run blank, I felt myself fall asleep. With that, I was gone.