Nightmares: Lisa

Hands wrapped around my neck.
"MOM!" I screamed, watching as the men aimed a gun to a woman's head.
The men grabbed a knife and slid it across another man's cheek.
"YOU CANNOT USE MY DAUGHTER FOR YOUR GODDAMNED EXPERIMENTS, ADAM!" he bellowed, looking at me with pitiful eyes.
I tried to move, to help the man and woman who were being threatened. The hands around my throat tightened, causing me to gasp.
"Kill her Blake," one of the men ordered.
There was a loud bang and a scream. I looked up to see the woman with a bullet in her chest. "LEAVE MY WIFE ALONE ADAM!" the protective, pitiful man yelled.
Suddenly there was another loud bang. The woman had a bullet in her head, and her life was fading.

I screamed, terrified. The man standing over the nice looking man repeatedly stabbed the nice looking man in his legs over and over. Then they walked over to me. He pulled out a needle.
"Say goodnight, and we'll see you in your new home, good night kid" one of the men said.
Suddenly the needle was stabbed into my neck. The liquid was injected into my body. I could feel it like fire in my veins, spreading through my body. My heart began pounding. I gasped and panicked. The pain washed over me. Spots formed in my vision and it began to haze over. Before I knew what was going on, my breath ran out, and everything faded into nothing.

I woke up, panting in a cold sweat. Johnathen was laying next to me, spread out across the bed. He was fast asleep. I got up slowly and went to look in the mirror. My skin was paler than normal. I walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Pictures of that nightmare flashed into my mind over and over. I leaned against the wall and slid down in until I was sitting. Who were those people from my dream? I've never seen them before, I don't think my mind works like that. Through everything I've been through, my mind has never created those people in dreams. Had they called me daughter? In that dream, was I their child? To me, none of this makes sense. It isn't possible, is it?

Perhaps the family I know, kidnapped me. Took me from my family to make me theirs. No, they wouldn't do that. Everyone in my family is too nice to do that. Something isn't right. There is something very wrong with that dream that I just can't put my finger on. Suddenly, it hit me. I was in Jonathan's house. How did I get here? Was I not in my class just a little while ago? I turned to look at the clock on the wall. It was about quarter past one in the afternoon. How much school had I missed? I sighed and began to wash my face with cold water from the sink. Only three more hours until both mine and Jonathan's birthday party.

There was a knock on the bathroom door. I must have woken Jonathan up.
"Lisa? Everything okay in there?" he asked through the locked door.
I turned off the water and turned to face the door. I quickly grabbed onto Jonathan's towel and dried my hands and face.
"I'm fine...." I replied hesitantly, considering telling him about my nightmare.
Jonathan signed on the other side of the door.
"May I come in?" he questioned hopefully.
I stared at the lock on the door for a moment, before finally unlocking it. Jonathan slowly opened the door and looked around the bathroom. He studied it fast until his gaze fell on me.
"There's my beautiful girl," he whispered with a smile forming on his face.
My cheeks began to feel warm as I blushed. Jonathan laughed and pulled me close before hitting his lips up against mine. I melted into his embrace and kiss. He smiled and stroked my back before pulling away from my lips.
"I know that face of yours, what's wrong?" he said, holding me close.
At first I was hesitant, but then I gave in, and finally told Jonathan about my nightmare.

Jonathan frowned.
"That is new, I wonder what it means, or if it means anything at all?" he said, thinking the whole thing through.
I sighed and thought as well. Maybe it is just a dream and we're thinking about it all wrong. Maybe the whole dream meant nothing at all, and my mind was just being cruel. They do say that imagination is one of the cruelest parts of the brain. Though with that random losing and regaining consciousness in class, maybe there is something wrong with me.

"Lisa, we should probably get ready for our party," Jonathan suggested, finally snapping me out of my trance.
I looked at him and nodded. The party would start soon enough and we were hardly prepared.
"How about I head home, get your present and my bathing suit, and on the way back, I get the cake?" I asked, reaching for my keys and phone from my jacket,
Jonathan nodded and smiled, before planting a kiss on my nose.
"Alright, just hurry back," he replied, leading me down to his front door.
I nodded and kissed his chin before leaving Jonathan's house. He watched me as I ran up the road towards my house.

When I finally arrived, I was panting slightly. I opened the door to see that neither my parents or sister were home. The house was dead silent, it was an empty silence, like something was wrong. The thought sent chills down my spine, so I quickly shook the idea from my head. I walked up to my room to find my pink bikini laying on my desk. Swiftly, I changed out of my clothes, into the bikini. I put shorts on over the bikini bottoms, and a sleeveless accessory vest like jacket over top of the bikini top. The outfit made me look a little sluttish, but I didn't mind.

I quickly went downstairs to the garage. I opened the door, and pulled out the cart that had a large, gift wrapped box inside of it. This was the gift I bought Jonathan for his birthday. I really hope he was going to like it. Finally deciding it was time to get a move on, I dragged the cart behind me towards the near by bakery where my family's friend had baked a birthday cake especially for both Jonathan's and my birthdays.