Training: Lisa

"Good morning," I heard Hunter's voice say.
I groaned quietly and pulled the blankets tighter around myself. He sighed and ripped the blanket off, leaving me to curl up into a small ball.
"C'mon Lisa, get up!" Hunter ordered, frustratedly.
There was a bell ringing in the dining room, obviously Tyson calling us for breakfast. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, groaning slightly. Hunter rolled his eyes and threw clothes at me. I looked down to see black sweat pants, a pair of underwear, a sports bra, and a white tank top.
"What's this?" I asked tiredly, not thinking as I pulled off my shirt.
Hunter adverted his eyes politely as I got changed.

"Today, I'm going to train you. If those scientists come after you again, I want you to be able to defend yourself. Plus if you want to, I can train you to join me in the simulations," Hunter explained, changing in a corner where I couldn't see him.
I got dressed and stood up tiredly.
"We'll eat breakfast, then get to work," Hunter said, walking towards the main part of the room.
I quickly followed as Hunter led me out into the hall. We swiftly travelled from Hunter's room to the dining room. Tyson was sat at the table, tapping his wrist impatiently. I studied his black tuxedo and sighed. He looked up excitedly and pointed to the three silver trays on the table.

I lifted up the tray to see a waffle with whipped cream and maple syrup, a cup of tea, and a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon sprinkled over the top. The smells were very similar to the ones in the diner. My eyes darted over to Hunter who was trying to hide a smirk. We ate our food quickly, enjoying every bite. Once Hunter and I were dismissed by Tyson, we went out to Hunter's training room.

The room contained targets, punching bags, knives, guns and swords.
"Woah," I gasped, surprised, though I guess I really shouldn't be.
Hunter grinned and picked up a gun. He walked over to a target and pulled the trigger. The bullet swiftly buried into the bullseye of the target. I stood, my jaw wide as I stared.
"Pick up a gun and try on that target," Hunter ordered.
I grabbed a small pistol, similar to the one I shot in the lab, then aimed at the target. I pulled the trigger and a loud bang echoed around the room. My hands flew up and I stumbled backwards from the knock back. Hunter walked over to me and frowned. I hit the most outer ring on the target, but that wasn't good.

Hunter came up behind me and held me close. He held my arms steady, putting his hands on mine.
"Relax, calm your breathing, hold onto the gun firmly," he whispered, putting my arms in the correct position.
I relaxed my tense shoulders and held onto the gun. Hunter helped me aim my arms to the right position, then put one of his and one of my fingers over the trigger. He pressed my finger down until the trigger clicked and the gun fired. Hunter helped me keep my arms steady instead of letting the knock back effect me. The gun pushing me back caused me to press against Hunter's chest. I closed my eyes and breathed heavily for a moment.

"Lisa, look," Hunter ordered, talking in my ear quietly.
I looked up to see the bullet further inwards in the target, almost at the bullseye. I sighed with relief as Hunter let go of me.
"Try again, without me," he said, trying to hide some sort of emotion behind his eyes.
I aimed the gun, and relaxed my tense body. My finger went over the trigger, and I pressed down. There was a loud bang, and my eyes darted towards the target. The bullet hit the middle of the target, putting a hole in it.
"Hunter! I did it!" I cheered happily.
Hunter's eyes lit up as he saw the bullet in the target, then suddenly darkened.
"Keep at it," he growled, before leaving me alone in the room.
I frowned and shook my head, then went back to trying to shoot the target.

By the time Hunter returned, my arms were sore and I had given up shooting a gun and punching the punching bag to just doing sit ups.
"Hey," I yawned, studying Hunter's face.
He smelt of alcohol and the forest
"What happened?" I asked, standing up and stretching.
He looked at me then groaned.
"Went out," he replied, hoarsely.
It sounded like he had been crying. I sighed and frowned.
"Why are you drunk? And have you been crying?" I questioned nervously.
Hunter pushed on my shoulder, throwing me off balance and causing me to trip over my foot. I fell onto my butt and looked up at Hunter.
"Stay on balance, and be prepared to block attacks at all times. You're dismissed," he growled before walking out of the room, stumbling drunkly as he went.

I walked to my room and laid down on the bed. I was exhausted and my muscles were screaming. The bed felt softer than ever before as I instantly slipped into sleep. The night passed fast, but my aching muscles were constantly reawakening me, making the night feel longer and longer. By the time the sun rose, it felt like I hadn't slept at all. I pulled the sheets over my head, trying to block the light that flooded the room out. I curled up in a ball under the sheets and fell asleep again.

I was awaken to a knocking on the door.
"Come in," I groaned, blinking sleep from my eyes.
Tyson walked in the room and looked at me.
"Hey, it's like midday and you haven't come out yet, I just came in to check on you," he said, watching me.
I sat up, looking exhausted, my blonde hair in a messy knot, my eyes dark from the need to rest, the blue dull in my eyes.
"Alex..." Tyson whispered, disbelief forming in his face.
I cocked my head, confused. I guess sleep was overwhelming me, but did he just call me Alex? Tyson shook his head and looked at me.
"Sorry about that, you looked like someone I saw on a video once," Tyson muttered, rubbing his eyes.
I yawned and stretched, which caused me to flinch from my sore shoulders.
"Here, I'll get something to help," Tyson offered as he left me alone in the room.