'[!]'_Escape_'[!]'

Chapter 22

The fire crackled in the destroyed room. Embers fell on Kai's white hoodie as he watched Sinox fall limp to the ground.

He stood there in the blazing fire. Tears were falling from his eyes as he watched Audrey run off. He looked around frantically before spotting a small hole in a wall. He crawled through and stared at Sinox's limp body.

Kai let out a cry as he ran up to Sinox. She was bleeding out as her bright eyes glistened. She looked lifeless for a moment before her paws twitched. Kai looked at her with despair in his eyes.

He brought her closer, her dark purple blood staining his clothes. She groaned silently as she brought her paw to her head. "Well...that sucks." She rasped, a grin formed on her face. Kai let out a small laugh as he brought her closer.

She winced as pain burned through her entire body. Kai flinched as Sinox whimpered. The blood still dripped from a bullet wound in her head. She wiped dark purple blood from her nose as she sat up.

Kai grasped her arm firmly as worry glistened in his eyes. Sinox glanced at him and nodded lightly. Kai smiled and helped her up. The scent of Mary suddenly filled her nose. "We need to go, Sin! This place is gonna fall sooner or later!" Kai cried. A firm hand grabbed his arm and yanked him up. Penny shoved him towards the entrance. "FUCKING RUN!"

Sinox stood there in a daze before shaking the embers off of her fur. She took a step closer and jumped back, shrieking as a large piece of burning debris fell between her and Kai.

"SIN! NO!" Kai cried as Penny held him back. "GO! I-I'LL FIND A WAY OUT!" Sinox stammered, frantically looking around. She glanced behind her and saw a hole. She crawled through it and realized that there was a small light peeking through another hole.

She climbed up and began digging her way out. Eventually, she climbed out, dark-purple blood pouring from gashes all across her legs and arms. The bullet wound on her head had stopped bleeding. Her vision was blurry and it was hard to breathe.

Kai was beside her in seconds, picking her up. "Sin- Sin, it's me." He whispered, his eyes filled with worry. Sinox smiled and said, "ohh, Kai. Your hair is such a mess." She ruffled his hair as she grinned.

Kai just laughed and said, "You're worried about my hair? After you just got shot?" "Mhm." She retorted, wiping blood from his neck. Suddenly, Penny walked by them, tossing a large syringe at them. "This'll help. I used to take care of him. After his mother died, I couldn't look at him the same."

She knelt down beside him and Kai whispered, "I want my mom." Penny silently pushed Sinox down. "Owwie..." Sinox muttered. Kai screeched, "I WANT MY MOTHER!" Penny covered her and Sinox's eyes, and a flash of light filled the outside.

Sinox shakily removed Penny's hand and gaped in shock. Kai was shorter, and he had long brown hair with light green eyes. A perfect copy of Mary was standing there, head in her hands, sobbing hysterically.

Sinox sat there wide-eyed before slowly walking over and hugging Kai. Her tail fluffed up as she silently closed her eyes, bringing Kai closer. He whimpered and another flash of light filled the outside. Sinox let out a yelp as she violently rubbed her eyes.

She shook her head around as she rubbed her eyes. Her tail twitched as her vision finally came back through the bright light. She stared as Kai looked like himself again. "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU COULD SHAPESHIFT!" She shrieked. Kai chuckled and said, "You never asked." She let out a silent gasp and said, "Awesome."

She flinched as she heard footsteps behind her. She slowly turned as she saw a male with whitish-blonde hair. Kai froze and said, "Uhh...hi?" The male human stood there in a daze. "Kai?" He muttered. "Ohh- Dally! How've you been?" Kai yelped. Sinox flicked her tail as she glared at Dally.