'[!]'_Familiar Memories_'[!]'

Chapter 16

October 20, 2125. 7:31am

Mary slumped back tiredly as she stared out the window. "What's on the radio?" She asked. "Idk." Kai responded. He glanced at Sinox, who was sleeping. He smiled lightly as he turned back to the road. Sinox yawned as she rubbed her eyes. "What time is it?" She barked. "7:31am." Kai responded. "Hm. I finally slept for more than 3 hours." Sinox exclaimed, looking out the window.

She stared at the orange-leaved trees before opening her notebook and began to start sketching something. She looked up and watched as she saw a familiar building flew by her eyes. "Wait a minute. Kai, stop the car." She barked. When it did stop, she jumped out the window. "...there is no way-" She disappeared into the woods as Kai shouted, "Sinox, wait!"

She stopped dead in her tracks as she stared at the same warehouse. "Kai, I know this place!" She barked loudly, frantically looking for a way in. "Sinox-" "Here we go!" She climbed up a vine and through a window. "GOD- SLOW DOWN!" Kai scolded.

Kai finally reached the top and let out a gasp. The other goo's that Sinox had been with were all dead. Dark-blue and red goo was splattered all around the warehouse. He stared at Sinox, who was trembling. "Sinox..." He whispered. Sinox quickly turned around and ran into his arms. She was sobbing loudly. "They're all dead!" She cried as Kai hugged her tightly.

Her ears were pinned back as she wiped tears from her eyes. "It's my fault, isn't it...?" She whimpered. "No, it isn't.." Kai responded sternly as he brought her closer. Sinox looked up at him and closed her eyes in secret content. "Guys, is everything alright?!" Mary called. Kai looked down from the window as Asher, Mary, and Audrey stood below him. "Yeah...we're fine." He replied, still hugging Sinox.

Kai grabbed Sinox's arm and started to walk back to the car, but she punched him in the stomach. He let out a loud oof and bent over. Sinox smiled lightly as she gently kissed him on the cheek and turned away. "Alright...let's go, pretty boy." She said with a large smirk. "Hey! Don't call me a pretty boy!"

"I just did, pretty boy!"

"Damnit, Sinox-"

"You wanna be possibly charged for smuggling me around or not?"

Kai nodded. "You're right." He said politely. Sinox smiled and said, "I know I am."

October 20, 2125. 8:19am

Sinox looked at her paws as she closed her eyes.

{She gasped as she stared out in an endless abyss of pitch black. She didn't know where she was before looking at her paws. They were covered in light-pink blood. She let out a squeak and shook her paws as an attempt to get the blood off. She froze as the familiar scent of Kai filled her nose. Kai's scent was mixed with blood, which made her fur prickle. She slowly turned around to see Kai dangling from a rope. Blood dripped from his mouth and neck. Sinox didn't say anything. She just stood there in shock.}

Sinox let out a loud gasp as she shot up. "Holy veronica- you alright?" Kai asked sternly. She turned to Kai and grabbed her tail. "Yeah...just a nightmare." She muttered. She curled her tail around her paw as she sighed. She pulled out her notebook and flipped through the pages

October 20, 2125. 11:39am.

Kai stepped out of the car and stretched his arms out. "We've been driving for 2 days now, where are we even going??" Mary complained. Sinox poked her head out of the window. "Exactly! We've gotta go SOMEWHERE! Right now, we're iiiin..." She pulled out a map. "Right now, we're in fucking Kentucky!" She scoffed. "We lived in Indiana-" Mary exclaimed.

Sinox scoffed and jumped out of the window. "Sinox, we have a door!" Kai scolded. "The door can burn. I prefer jumping out of the window. It's better when it's 50 feet too." Sinox sneered. "That is the 23rd suicide joke you're made in the past 5 minutes." Kai said concernedly.