'[!]'_Somewhere Mysterious_'[!]'

Chapter 8

July 13, 2125. 1:26pm

Sinox kept watching the back when the car suddenly stopped. "Why are we-" "Let's just stop for a moment to breathe. We've been driving for an hour now." Kai interrupted her. She opened her mouth to protest, but said nothing. She glanced across the road. "I can see a gas station not that far ahead!" She barked. Kai looked and grinned. "Well, about time." He muttered.

She jumped in the car as Kai stood there. "Alright, alright, let's go." He laughed, stepping into the car along with Sinox. When they got there, Sinox sunk into the seats. "What if someone sees me..." She whimpered. "Just stay low." He responded. The car stopped as Sinox looked up. People were all around the place. "I'll be right back." Kai whispered as he left and walked into the gas station.

Sinox sunk back into the seat as her fur prickled. She looked back up to see Kai walk out of the gas station and toward the car. "What-" "I forgot it was Saturdayyyyyy" Kai sighed. Sinox stared for a moment before ducking down. "Wait, where are we going?" She barked. "I'll tell you when we get there.." Kai responded.

Sinox squeaked as she stared out the window. "I never thought I'd actually be free!" She barked, her eyes gleaming with action.

July 13, 2125. 4:37pm

"Finally!" Kai sighed. Sinox squeaked in surprise as she looked out the window. "EEP- Human!" She yelped, ducking down. "Mary! How've you been?" Kai said. Sinox looked up. "Hey Ka- What the hell is that in the car?!" Mary yelped. Kai looked back at Sinox who was peeking out the window. "Ohh- uhm ... so this is- uhh..." Kai sighed. He opened the door, revealing Sinox. "Hello!" She squeaked. Mary stared at Sinox for a moment before whipping her sharp stare to Kai. "What the fuck did you bring back-"

"Lemme explain, Mary-"

"This is possibly the most illegal thing you could've ever brought back!"

"Alright, both of you, shut it!" Sinox barked. Mary and Kai turned to her with stern looks. Mary was the first to speak. "What and who are you..." "Soooo, My name is Sinox and I'm a gootraxian!" Sinox squeaked. Mary stared at her for a moment. "Are we-" "Being watched? Nope! Only by them though." She pointed to Kai.

Kai went stiff as he stared at the two. "Yeah, they were watching us the whole time." She squeaked. Mary let out a sigh. "If the cops show up, It isn't my fault if you get arrested." She scoffed. "We outran them once, We can do it again!" Sinox protested. Kai went stiff as he slowly turned to Mary. "I can explain-" "YOU OUTRAN THE DAMN COPS?!" "Uuuugh- not really. It was Thomas and Penny we outran." He sighed. "Yep! And they shot me too!" Sinox exclaimed happily. Mary gave her a concerned look. "Is she mentally and physically okay?" "Nope. Not even at the slightest." Kai sighed, walking to Sinox and picking her up.

Sinox squeaked as he picked her up. "This is Sinox. Please don't kill her." Kai said sternly. Sinox gave Mary a little wave. Mary yanked Sinox from Kai. "Mine." She hissed. Sinox shrugged as Mary walked away with her. "AY-" Kai yelped. "Kai, she isn't letting go-" Sinox squeaked.

"MARY-"

"THIS IS MY CHILD!"

"MARY, NO, NOT SINOX!"

"Help-" Sinox barked, squeezing out of Mary's grasp and sprinting toward Kai. "Mary, don't-" "She's adorable and I want her." Mary hissed. Kai went stiff as Sinox just stared at Mary. Sinox looked at Kai and back to Mary. She then stuck her tongue out at Mary and climbed up Kai. "Don't call me adorable!" She squeaked.

Mary stood there before saying, "Why are you so cute?" Sinox gasped and said, "I am NOT cute!" Mary squealed and grabbed Sinox. "I don't even care. You're coming with me." She said. "Wait, no- KAIIIIII!" Sinox protested. "MARY, FOR F—S SAKE, STOP TAKING SINOX FROM ME!!" Kai yelped.