Chapter Seven

Garrett woke up and realized he was still naked under the sheets. He looked on his side but found Morena nowhere in sight.

Morena? Fuck fuck fuck! What the fuck did I just do? it just sinked in again- what happened between them. 

One night stand would have been okay but they did it several times!

Maybe the first time would have been an accident! But it wasn't.

He felt a deep sense of regret for being such an idiot!

He was thinking between his legs, not with what little brain he has left!

He picked up his boxers lying on the floor and slipped it on before going in the bathroom.

He needed a cold shower to wake him up! To make sense of everything.

Should I tell Serena? NO! It will just complicate things and hurt her more! 

Then he thought about Morena? What now? 

Then he realized he wasn't even wearing any protection! What if? What if?

Ahhhhhhhh shit! Shit! shit!  he cursed repeatedly as he turned the shower on and felt the cold water splashing on his flesh.

Not even the coldest water will help him with the kind of mess he is in. He was wide awake now, but   it doesn't erase the fact that he betrayed Serena for sleeping with Morena!

After the shower, he went out of his room and found everyone -getting their brunch ready. It was set up outside - buffet style.

His handler, Miss Nerissa waved at him and said "Good morning Garrett."

"Hi Ms. Neri...hi guys..sorry about yesterday. Are you guys ready for our mini-olympics today?" I asked them. Trying to keep myself together, I saw Morena at the corner of my eye slicing some fresh tomatoes.I averted my eyes and saw my brother Cody, with a serious look on his face.

"Did you sleep well bro? Are you okay now?" one of my friends, Ferdz asked.

I nodded.

"I did bro..thanks. So, who cooked all these yummy food" I asked, trying to make my voice excited and alive- not to worry them anymore. 

On the table are newly cooked sausages, hotdogs, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, fried milkfish, freshly sliced tomatoes, fried rice, corned beef, boneless spareribs, beef steak, some grilled vegetables, freshly brewed coffee and fresh fruits.

"We all helped put them together- but Miss Neri cooked most of them with Morena! I didn't know Morena could cook bro! She's good!" Jamil, one of my friends and assistant who is like my shadow said.

I pretended I didn't hear his remark, just smiled, took a plate and helped myself with some food.

Then, Cody approached me, "Bro, can I talk to you after you eat?"  he said.

"Sure bro, I am starving so I'll go ahead and eat first then we can talk...you look so serious."I said.

"I am, and it is indeed SERIOUS brother. Now,eat..I ate already so I will just walk around the beach.." he said.

"Alright bro.." I called out to him as he walked away from us.

He is acting strange, Cody. He is my younger brother- my only brother. 

I started eating and found myself a seat beside Ferdz (Ferdinand)  who is also eating.

"Hi bro..the food is good right?" Ferdz said, and then shoving a spoonful of rice.

"Yeah, it is. Bro, do you know what's going on with Cody? He looks so serious...like he's got a big problem. I should be the one looking like that...you know?"I said to him in between eating.

"Beats me bro, he didn't talk to me about anything. So, how about you? Are you guys okay?Y'know, Serena?" he asks.

I shook my head. My eyes almost turned watery at the mention of her name.

"No, she gave up. She just gave up on us. That's why I was devastated yesterday. That's when she told me over the phone.."I said with my voice low.

I felt him patting my shoulder.

"You guys will fix it, I am sure of it...You both love each other. She's probably just fed up with all the lies surrounding you. Give her space- you probably need that right now," Ferdz added.

 I hope he is right. That she just wanted space from it all. But if she knew, if she just knew what happened last night, I am not so sure if she will forgive me. If she will take me back. 

"I hope so. I really hope so...." I said to Ferdz and finished the food on my plate.

I went back to the table to get some more food, when Morena walked towards me, her head low.

She only saw me when I almost bump into her- we're obviously trying our best to avoid each other.

"Hi Garrett.." she said and smiled.

"Hello Morena..did you eat? The food is good.." I said to her.

She nodded , "Enjoy the food, Garrett..see you later at the mini-olympics. I need to just go back to my room.." she said and didn't say anything else before she walks away from us heading towards her room.

It was still awkward, before we were merely acquaintances, and we were pushed into this situation and became friends- and suddenly, after what happened last night I am afraid it totally made all this situation we were in much much worse than it already is!

After we ate brunch, I looked for Cody who just got back from his walk on the beach.

He asked me to walk with him back at the seashore. I followed him.

He didn't start talking until we are no longer an earshot from everybody.

"So what's up with you and Morena, brother?" Cody started.

"What kind of question is that Cody?"  I said.

"Just a question. It's just simple. Just tell me what the hell is going on between you and her. I already knew about the set up before, I didn't say anything about it because it is your damn life and career. I am not your manager, I am just your brother... so..tell me, is the charade falling apart and turning into reality Garrett?" he is obviously agitated, I knew why..he loves Serena like his own big sister, he wants us to be together, to see us getting married- in his mind, she will be his Sister-in-Law.  I can't blame him, I want to marry Serena- be my wife, she is the perfect wife for me. But now, I don't know if she will ever be my wife.

"Easy,Cody...You know how it is. You know I didn't like these whole thing to begin with! If anything, I am the one who is suffering the most here! I wanted to be with Serena- but we can't be together. I want to shout to the world that I love her, that she is mine but I can't! I want us to just walk away from it all but she won't do it. My hands are tied Cody! Can't you understand? I tried, I tried my best to do everything, to make everything right! But they won't let me. They are holding my neck and squeezing it tight until I cannot breath anymore! That's how I feel. I am crumbling slowly and I am now. Morena? Yes, what about her! She was in it with everybody else and she can't do anything about it either. She is great, she has become my friend, she comforts me, she treats me right, she cares how I feel. What is she to me? She will never be Serena. My heart is only hers! But right now, Morena is there for me. And Serena? She abandoned me in the middle of all these!" I said and felt so weak I can't even manage to walk another step. I slowly sat on the sand and just sat there. Looking at the bright blue water.

This was supposed to be a fun trip to celebrate my birthday! But it is a disaster! I am in a huge disaster that I can't even begin to comprehend- if I can ever get out of it.