Prologue

Serena turns off her phone and puts it back in her purse, she was on the way back from the shoot of her latest film,"Tango with Love" opposite her leading man Jeremy Carillo- her first love in showbiz.

She looks out at the darkness from her car, the images of Garrett and Morena with his friends in an out of town trip for his 24th birthday floats in her vision. She tries to close her eyes and she can still imagine them!

"Damn them!" she cursed silently and bit her lip before she says it out loud.. She doesn't want her mother to hear her, who is asleep beside her at the back passenger side of her car. Lino, her personal driver is behind the wheels.

She looks out again, her eyes wide open- the images are taunting her. Her heart is being shred into pieces. "It should have been me- with him and his friends and family!" she thought.

"What happened to us Garrett?" I asked myself.

Then I remembered exactly why- we are, what we are now-living our own separate lives.

***FLASHBACK***

Exactly a year ago, after our second movie together- Garrett Alexander professed his love for me on national tv! It wasn't a gimmick or anything- it was real!

Everybody talked about us- everybody wanted us together, I was elated with his attention and I found myself falling fast for him and I can't help it!

The guy was charming, generous, thoughtful, respectful and real! After a few months of courtship- in secret, we became "together," in the public eye he was still courting me but te truth was, he was my boyfriend and I was his girlfriend!

The sad part was- we can't disclose our relationship because of contract clauses with the managing companies we both are under- eepecially mine. It was strictly clear I cannot - within the validity of my contract have a boyfriend. Absurd right!? Why can't I when all the other artists they handle are free to get in and out of a relationship whenever they please!

It was unfair! But I can't question it, because I signed the contract which is about to expire in one year- after that I can be an adult and decide for myself. Right now, my mother and my management made sure I am focused in my career and that I remain single and available. 

It was all about image. And I have a spotless image. The obedient and perfect daughter, an ideal girlfriend or wife, the Princess of Music, the Blockbuster Queen ..that's me. Among the few names they associated with me.

I should be happy right? With all the success and following I have- I should be happy and thankful, and I am.

But there is an "if only."

If only I can freely love whoever I want.

If only I can be myself without fear of my image.

If only I can be more assertive and independent enough to stand up for what i believe and passionate about.

If only.