Chapter Five

GARRETT'S POV

I fell asleep in my room maybe from crying. I feel my world crumbling down- knowing Serena chose to end it. I thought she would understand, that everything is just pretense- she agreed with it right? Then why all of a sudden I feel like it was my own fault? It wasn't just me who agreed to all these- she agreed with the plan.

But every maneuver to distract the public from the truth- every photos published with Morena were criticized. I am again being ridiculed- if only they knew the truth. But I am at a loss, I wanted to fight back and throw everything away- the fame, my career just to be with Serena.

But she has given up on us- she can't take it anymore. She just wants to focus on herself and career now- for the good of everybody.

"What about me Serena? What about us love? Whatever happened to us? I thought you trusted me. I thought you believed in our love?" I said out loud.

My head is throbbing, it must have been from all the stress surrounding me.

I stood up to get myself a bottle of water, maybe a bottle of beer will be better- to cool myself off.

I was closing the fridge when I heard a soft knock on my door.

I hesitated, I didn't want to be disturbed. I told them I don't want to be disturbed.

Yet, I didn't want to worry them either.

I opened the door, it was Morena.

She is very much a part of all this, but like me, she didn't have a choice- the management didn't give us much of a choice.

I asked her to come in.

I wasn't talking.

It was awkward.

"Uhmmmm Garrett, are you sure you're okay? I'm here to keep you company. I am worried about you. They are worried about you..I will stay here with you if you don't mind okay?" Morena said, not giving me much of a choice. She was stating it, not asking my permission.

I sat back down to my bed and asked her if she needed anything.

"I'm okay Garrett, but you didn't answer me..are you sure you're okay? I can listen you know.." she said.

"Thanks Morena..I actually prefer to be alone, but I know they asked you to come over and watch me,"  I smiled bitterly. "I am too old to have you as my babysitter. The last thing I need right now,"

"I am not here to babysit you Garrett. We are just concerned. You can't fault us for feeling that way! After your last attempt to.." I cut her off before she can continue, with firm voice I said, "Fine Morena! You can stay. Watch tv, read a book- I will probably sleep again. Feel free to do whatever you want. Don't mind me.." 

"Okay, that's fine. I can do that.." then she stood up and opened my fridge, helping herself with a bottle of beer.And grabbed a bag of chips.

She sat on one of the chairs and turned the tv on. Lifted her feet and put them up on the center table.

I can't help but smile, in some ways she lightens up my mood. She's like a breath of fresh air amidst everything going on.

"Okay I hope you don't mind..I'm just gonna watch TV here, I promise not to make any noise..." she said without looking at me.