Chapter 14 : Apples and Vanilla

Small snowflakes were falling from the Great Hall ceiling, and a divine smell of pumpkin juice escaped from the room warming their hearts. They went in their respective tables and savoured their diner. Poppy was chatting with Arthur Plummy about a puffskein who stuck its tongue up his mother's nose. Adelaide was serving herself smashed potatoes; she's been worried the last few weeks and MC didn't know how she could help her.

"How is your uncle ?"

"Thanks for your concern" She slightly smiled "My uncle sends you greetings, he's very occupied by his work since he found new contacts after Ranrok's loyalist death". She paused and looked at her plates "He's worried for my safety..."

MC knew how she was feeling, because deep down she felt the same.

_________

Dinner was over, she was looking for her two Slytherin friends but soon realised they were nowhere to be seen. She left the Great Hall after everyone and made her way to her common room walking slowly. At an intersection she heard two distant voices she recognised in a second. She ran towards them quiclky. She stopped a few steps away from them.

"YOU HID FROM ME THAT SHE WANTED TO SEE ME ! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS ! THAT MY SISTER !"

"SHE TOLD ME BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO BE SURE YOU WON'T EVEN PRONOUCE THE WORD CURE !"

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY OWN SISTER !"

"SHE'S ALSO MY BEST FRIEND !" DO YOU KNOW OR CARE OF WHAT SHE EVEN WANTS ? ASK HER ! ASK HER SEBASTIAN ! SEND HER AN OWL !"

"I NEED TO TELL HER ABOUT EVERYTHING I FOUND IT MIGHT SAVE HER !"

"SHE JUST WANT TO SPEND A NORMAL CHRISTMAS ISN'T IT TO HARD TO UNDERSTAND !?"

"YOU IGNORANT GOBLIN ! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I MISS HER !? DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF !!"

MC took a quick glimpse at Sebastian's face before he left them, he was angry of course but she discerned another feeling that she couldn't name. She approached Ominis and stood by his side.

"You did right Omi" She said with a calm voice.

__________

Sebastian laid down on his bed and pulled the curtains. He couldn't believe his best friends hid the truth from him, he felt betrayed. And at this very moment he felt the way Ominis must have felt last year. He betrayed him countless times. Sebastian was angry at Ominis but mostly at himself. He rolled to his bed trying to chase the thought out of his mind. He opened the curtains and searched for something in his bag. He took out his scarf and rolled back to bed. He held it close to his chest focusing on the sweet smell of his scarf. He fell asleep.

__________

Monday morning arrived, and Sebastian and Ominis hadn't talked to each other since Saturday. The brunette made sure to leave the dorm after Ominis, he didn't want to see him for now. He just wanted to see MC.

Monday morning, while MC and Ominis were in Herbology, Sebastian was trying to focus in Study of Ancient Runes classes. But luckily for him, Monday afternoon arrived quickly and he was leaning against the corridor's wall waiting for his friend next to Potion Class.

MC arrived with her cauldron in her hand, the worried look on her face hadn't left since Saturday.

"Hi" She said shyly fidgeting with her fingers. She was looking at Sebastian, trying to see in his eyes if he was okay or had enough sleep. Sebastian greeted her but his tone was different than usual. She tried to think of something to say.

The doors of the classroom were still closed, but students could hear the recognisable footsteps inside.

"Sebastian"