Chatper 6 : Detention

"I'm sorry if you got detention because of me"

Professor Weasley charged them to clean the Prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor of the castle. House elves have been a bit lazy recently she said, and as Professor Sharp said in the letters she received "My students should know how to behave correctly and clean their mess". So they were walking up the stairs heading their way to the bathroom. They shouldn't use magic of course only their hands...

It's going to take forever MC thought

"That's alright, it's not like I haven't got any" Sebastian said.

She giggled at his comment making him smile.

"Plus, I would never be a prefect so It's my one and only chance to take a bath" He blinked.

The conversation with him was so easy like they didn't say goodbye or never lived difficult times. They arrived at Boris the Bewildered statue, they counted each doors to stop themself at the fourth.

"Mermaid" MC spoked a bit loudly.

The door opened, letting them see a room made of white marble. They step in and closed the door. A bucket and sponges were on the ground waiting to be used.

Candles were suspended by a chandelier in the center, illuminating with a warm softness the bathroom. A long rectangular empty pool sunk into the middle of the floor. On the walls were a beautiful and mesmerising mermaid brushing her hair.

MC took off her robe and rolled up the sleeves of her shirt. She took the sponge and soap and began to rub the floor. Sebastian watched her for a moment before following her mouvement.

Two hours spent by without speaking to each others. He then broke the silence.

"I'm sorry if I didn't answer your letters" He said while rubbing the floor.

She looked up at him

"Why didn't you ?" She asked.

"This summer was exhausting but now it's fine" He continued rubbing the floor like nothing happened, avoiding her gaze.

"It's not fine !" MC snapped at him. He looked at her for the first time in two hours with wide eyes. "Stop lying to me ! You are not fine ! Stop pretending !" She shouted

"What can I do then !?" He replied loudly, clenching his jaw "Tell me ! Tell me if you're so intelligent !" He argued with grinding teeth. "What do you want me to do ? Do you-

"I want you to stop acting like nothing happened !" She interrupted "You didn't talk to me all summer I don't know how to act around you ! You don't tell me a single thing... was I just a pawn to you" her voice cracked "I meant nothing more" her eyes watering.

At her last words Sebastian' heart clenched, he was feeling guilty for what he did last year. Guilty for not answering her letters. Guilty for the state he put her in.

"You were not !" Sebastian shouted "Y/n you were here for me the all time supporting what I did. I didn't force you to anything" he objected.

"So is it my fault to want to help Anne too ?" The mention of her named made him softened. "Why don't you be honest for once Sebastian... Is it my fault if all of this happened" She whispered a single tear falling "I wanted to help Anne too... I- I didn't deserve your coldness" She was staring at the ground sobbing.

"It's just... I... I act this way because I'm scared" Sebastian admitted. Her eyes met his again. "I'm afraid" A single drop of tear running down his cheeks. "I'm afraid one day you'll end up seeing me the way I see myself" His heart sank. "I can't look you in the eyes. I can't look at you after all I did. I can't forgive myself. It was never my intention to hurt people I care about. Have you ever wanted to sleep and to wake up realising it was just a bad dream... ? That Anne didn't get cursed ? That I didn't harm the people around me ? That I never cast crucio on you that I never..."

Sebastian watch his reflection in floor silently.

"I just wanted to help Anne" He whispered. "I will help her until I die" He stopped a moment, looking away. "I'm lucky to have you all by my side but I don't deserve it. I didn't listen to my best friend... You weren't safe with me and I did... things... that can never be forgiven" His tears making their way down his chin "How can you still look me I'm the eyes after this ?"

"Sebastian... I didn't know you feel that way" MC whispered trying to see through blurred tears.

"I, I can't forgive myself"

"I'll always be here for you Sebastian"

He cried silently, She approached him and wrap her arm around him. His head resting in the crook of her neck. He grab her waist to pull her closer to him. Her grip tightening as the sound of his stiff. After a few minutes he murmured

"Don't leave me"

"I won't"

_________

They stayed head against head for a long time as they didn't realise how much time had pass. MC stood up and they looked at each other. She smile shyly. He smiled back.

"I missed you Sebastian"

"I missed you too"

Their eyes were red and puffy but she could see the real Sebastian. He never was this vulnerable around anyone.

"We wouldn't be able to return this place" He commented sniffing, he glance at the bathroom. The night had fallen and the light were the only source of light. Sebastian turn his eyes to met MC's. He smirked.

"Do you want to take a bath ?"

"What ?!" She giggled

"Yeah like it's the Prefect's bathroom ! What a waste if we didn't avail it" He laughed standing offering me his hand.

"With you ?" She said with wide eyes.

"Ooh Y/n I won't LOOK at it" He said while pointing her body with his eyes.

"Sebastian !" She shouted with a laugh.

"So... are we or not ?" He said in a flirtious tone.

She stand up and threw the sponge at his face wetting his hair at the same time.

"You'll have to face the consequences of your action" He started to run at her with an evil grin.

I'm happy we're still friends

____________________________________

Yes finally !!! After 6 chapter they finally talk. Now let's the fun begin 😈