Chapter 7 : Fantastic News

It was 8pm when Sebastian and MC finished cleaning the bathroom. It was a long time after dinner, and they were starving. They decided to return to their common room, hoping their friends saved some snacks. They looked at each other's eyes for a moment.

"Thank you"

Just simple words... sometimes they were more meaningful than everything.

"I'm here for you"

MC arrived in front of a pile of large barrels. She took her wand out and tapped the right rhythm on one of the barrel. A passage appeared and she entered. Her common room was a happy place with yellow colours, it was cosy and round. She liked the peaceful atmosphere at every moment of the day.

Many students were still awake, they no longer have their uniform some of them were in pyjamas and others in casual clothes. One of the student was sitting on a yellowish sofa near the chimney.

Poppy.

In front of her was MC's cat Orion, who was sleeping by the warm that procured the chimney. Poppy's face lights up when she saw her friends approaching, she moved a little to made her a place to sit.

"So Mrs I'm a troublemaker" she laughed, her eyebrows raised. "What happened this afternoon ? "

The thought of the proximity MC had with Sebastian made her cheeks burnt. It was uncommon for people to be this close, even at their age. MC told Poppy how Peeves got Sebastian and her in detention the majority of the day.

"So you were in detention with Sebastian" She pointed out.

"Yes"

"In the same room" She added. MC knew what was on her mind. "For HOURS"

"Yes Poppy"

"You can't just say 'Yes' to me and expected me to be chilled about the fact that you were with your crush all day" She exclaimed.

"Sebastian is not my crush" MC replied

"Then why you're blushing" She smirked.

MC froze instantly, feeling the hotness in her cheeks. Sebastian was only her friend.

"We just talked of thing and another" MC said, ignoring her remarks.

Poppy didn't add anything. They went to their dormitory and changed themselves into nightgown, as silent as possible not to wake up Adelaide Oakes who was long asleep.

__________

The next day Poppy and MC woke up and went to have breakfast. They tried to be as subtle as possible to join Ominis and Sebastian. The Slytherin table was near the walls, so it was easier to be discreet. Poppy and her greeted them and the four of them began eating eggs and sauteed mushrooms as usual. The headmaster Phineas Nigellus Black who was peacefully eating with the other Professor suddenly stood up. He took his spoon and tapped it on his glass cup. All conversation stopped and students turn their attention to him in silence.

"Good Morning everyone, The final decision took longer than planned but, After consultation with Professor Kogawa yesterday. I'm pleasured to announce the Quidditch season has reopened".

Students shouted with joy. Everyone was delighted by the news, especially Imelda Reyes. Last year without Quidditch seemed to be endless in students minds.

"I missed attending the matches" said Ominis "This year going to be great. I hope we would win the house cup"

"I hope not" MC replied, making Poppy chuckle, "I heard we do have a great team"

"Ain't no way a badger can rival a snake" Sebastian sneered. He looked at MC for a few seconds, a soft smile crept to their lips.

"Well, I hope to, but I'm sure Gryffindor will win this year" Poppy stated. Her friends turned to her with wide eye. Poppy who started to feel intensively observed continued shyly, "I mean... Garreth would be the captain this year since the last captain left"

"Is Garreth that good at Quidditch ?" I asked

"Unfortunately" Ominis and Sebastian answered in a whispered. They looked blankly at their breakfast and continued eating in silence. I turned to Poppy with a questioning look

"Slytherin has lost Gryffindor in 4th year" Poppy mumbled to me. "And Garreth who's a chaser scored a number of time I don't remember how man-"

"He drops the Quaffle 8 times" said sadly Ominis

"Eighty points alone" added Sebastian.

The boys were silently looking at their breakfast.

"Imelda is the captain of the Slytherin team, she's also one of the best player" Poppy said to MC also trying to make the boys smile. But failed

"Are you in Quidditch team" MC asked Sebastian who stopped pouting.

"Unfortunately I can't excel everywhere" He replied with a superiority complex.

"Oh shut up Sebastian, you failed Herbology" shortened Ominis.

The remarks made everyone laugh around the table. They continued talking for a while before leading to class. Charms was the only class they all add in common.

_________

Professor Ronen warned them about what was going to come. Non-verbal spells. He said they will work on those all year as they were extremely difficult and required everyday practice. For the first hours he taught them about how to manipulate this spells and the second hours asked them to put into pairs.

"One of you will jinx the other without speaking and the other will try to repel the jinx" He added "You'll have to use a shield charms" He added to students who gave him a confused look.

Everyone stood up and began to find a partner. Garreth who was sitting in front of MC, turned his face and gave her a smile.

"Hey do you want to pair up with me ?" He asked.

Though MC wanted to be with Sebastian, because they both didn't forget their battle to be the greatest duellist, she never had the chance to duel against Garreth. Her curiosity took over and she accepted his demand.

Garreth was the one who began to jinx, he looked really constipated and he bit his lip to purple to avoid speaking. MC took a quick glance at Sebastian. He was whispering to Ominis something she couldn't heard, but his face showed pure irritation. He must find this exercise complicated, she thought.

By the end of the class Garreth succeeded a spell but it was so weak that MC didn't have to use a shield charms. He looked disappointed.

"Guess I'm going to struggle all year" he said.

"We can practice if you want this weekend" She proposed. Sebastian who heard this phrase came towards them.

"Yes we can" Sebastian cut. Garreth and MC looked at him. "Saturday, 10 am at the lake under the willow" He added without letting them the chance to responded and leave the classroom.

"Well I guess we did have no choice" Garreth said.

______________________________________

What is it ? Isn't Sebastian a bit jealous of the red haired Gryffindor ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ?

I really like this trope. How hot can he be while being jealous ? :)