Chapter 10 : Hufflepuff common room

They did not talk about what they saw until the evening after the event. She was waiting for the boys to arrive to let them entered her common room. First was Garreth and few minutes after Ominis and Sebastian. They entered by the earthly tunnel to find Poppy wrap up in a blanket, polar sock on her feet showing. She was on her usual spot in front of the fireplace. Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans on the coffee table.

The boys were in casual clothes, trying to be the most discreet as ever. Ominis and MC sat next to Poppy on the sofa, and Garreth and Sebastian on armchairs.

"Accio !" said Poppy pointing to a pile of folding blankets on the carpet far away. She gave each of them one, so they could be warm and to allow the boys to hide a little more.

Garreth was the first to try a bean, he took the box and shoved his hand in. He took out a white bean and headed the box to Poppy.

"Must be almond.... please be almond" He prayed as he closed his eyes. He put the beans in his mouth and scrunch his nose "Oh... glue envelope... not what I prefer, but that's alright"

Poppy, who took a pink bean, handed the box to MC. She took a deep breath and ate.

"Cherry !"

"Lucky" spoked Ominis. MC's gray cat Orion jumped on Ominis's lap

It was MC turn. She never got the chance to taste those sweets before. She took a beige looking beans and put it on her tongue and then closed her mouth. It couldn't be that horrible as people describe, she thought. First it tasted nothing and then she bit. Sebastian looked at her pink lips when she put the sweets in, the vision alone made his mouth slightly open.

Rotten eggs

MC stood up from the sofa. It was the most horrible thing in earth. She could hear her friends laughing as she put her hand in front of her mouth, trying to swallow.

"Imm washim my mouthm" She said while leading to the bathroom.

"Do not throw up" shouted Sebastian, making first year Hufflepuff turning

She brushed her teeth two times, so the taste would disappear forever. She also went to change into nightgowns before turning back with others. It wasn't uncommon to walk around only in night clothes in common rooms, plus it was a midi length dress. She put a pair of socks and walk out of the dormitory to find her friends.

They had finished the Bertie Bott's Beans box tour, and they were now talking so quietly that she couldn't catch what they were saying before arriving at their levels.

Sebastian, who watched MC came to her place, observed her. The white tissue letting appear her silhouette. As she moved to the sofa, Sebastian took a glimpse at her leg. Her ankles were naked. It was the first time he saw her skin. A redness came to his cheeks and he looked away.

"I think we should talk about it" whispered Poppy.

"About what ?" asked Garreth.

"What happened at the village"

"There's nothing to discuss" interrupted Ominis, "They are Dark Wizards dealing with Dark Magic"

"You think the ring is dark Magic ?" Poppy questioned.

"Someone was killed for it. It must contain a powerful magic" Sebastian said, regaining his thoughts.

"We should let this behind us... Nothing good will happen" Ominis cautioned

Sebastian and MC looked at each other, they know what could happen and what were the dangers to be in this path. But they wanted to know. Curiosity took over their mind and in one glimpse they understand, they were going to search.

"Yeah I hope nothing bad will happen" Garreth said silently.

They were all in a silent mood, thinking and losing themselves in their own thoughts. Garreth broke the silence.

"I have practice tomorrow morning I should go"

"We should return our own common room too" Ominis added to Sebastian.

Poppy and MC escorted the boys out of the room.

"Be careful" they said at the same time.

"Yup" answered Garreth while walking away next to Ominis

Sebastian lowered himself to MC's ear level, she smelled like caramel apples with a pinch of vanilla. He loved her smell.

"Tomorrow, library, 5 pm" Sebastian whispeted to her before following the two boys. While heading to his own common room, he couldn't stop thinking about MC, he didn't pay attention to Ominis's warning about not being caught, his mind was focus on her, on how beautiful she was... a thought he couldn't get out off his mind.

___________

After Wednesday classes, MC and Sebastian went to the library, they find a cosy place to sit and began discussing where to start their searching. Of course, Sebastian proposed blankly the restricted section before MC cut his idea off. They stood up and started to walk around the isle of books. An hour went by with not many information. MC joined Sebastian and looked at him.

"Sebastian ?" She said behind him.

"Yeah ?" He said, turning his back to face her

"We should enter the restricted section." She added, making Sebastian have a playful smile.

"Absolutely not" said a voice.

Sebastian and her looked around and saw Ominis, his arm crossed, walked towards them.

"How did you find us ?" Asked Sebastian, a question Ominis ignore.

"You won't find yourself in those kinds of situation again"

"But-" She began

"Do you really want bad thing to happ-"

"Don't act like you are not curious about the conversation we heard" Sebastian said to Ominis lowering his voice "about the ring".

"Sebastian is not wrong Ominis" MC added "You know something is off about this story, and it happened in front of us."

"Then I think we should talk to Professor Weasley" Sebastian and MC opened their mouth but said nothing "To warn them about what we saw, even if it occurred two days ago".

They looked at the blond-haired boy silently for a moment. They know he was right and maybe Professor Weasley can inform them better. But their curiosity couldn't be shut down forever.

"Alright" Sebastian sighted.

The three of them left the library and rushed to the professor's office before dinner. They climbed stairs and took corridors and corridors. Once they were at the right floor, the walked towards the office doors. Many Gryffindor students were chatting, leaning against the wall.

"Have you seen the journal this morning ?" One boy said "More muggles died inexplicably"

"Why should we care about them ?" A girl next to him answered.

"I mean, I know, but it's like... the fifth time this month"

"Stop preoccupying, they deserve it"

The trio froze at the last sentence. Ominis's pale skin became even paler and Sebastian frown his eyebrows.

"Ignore them" MC whispered, "They aren't alone thinking this way, and we can't start a fight in front of Professor Weasley office"

Few minutes later they were in the Professor office, telling her the story and asked her many questions. She gave them fuzzy answers, fully knowing her simple answers wouldn't fulfill their mind. She gave them a smile.

"Don't get yourself in trouble"

_______________________________________

Don't worry dear readers, there's more to come ;)