It Was All Thanks To Haechan

I kicked at the walls, tried jumping to reach the small window that was growing darker every minute; I even stomped on the floor in case it was thinner or there was someone underneath

Finally, I gave up and sat back down next to Taeyong who hadn't moved.

"I don't know what to do [ - Blackpink]," I said in despair.  My limbs were heavy and my head hurt.

The answering silence pounded in my ears.

Just as I was preparing to go quietly into that good night, the door burst open.

The faint sounds of bullets exploding out of guns, yells, and running feet were the first things to reach me.  The second thing to reach me was that the person who ran into the room was a face I knew.

"Haechan?!"  I asked.  Am I hallucinating?

Haechan's face pinched in worry as he looked from me to his Chief.  Instead of The Dragon's jacket and the usual uniform, he was dressed in all black, tight-fitting techwear with multiple empty holsters.  "Time to get you out of here."

"Help me with Taeyong," I said.  "He was shot."

"Wouldn't be the first time," joked Haechan, a bit of his smile coming back.  That was the Haechan I missed, not the mafia member Haehcan, but should it really be back now?

I glared at him.

"Sorry, sorry."  He bent over Taeyong and put his arms underneath him.

My heart jumped in my chest when Taeyong inhaled sharply.  It must have hurt so much.  I kept one hand on Taeyong's head and the other on his arm.  "Haechan is going to lift you, okay?" I told him softly.

Taeyong nodded and winced.

"1, 2, 3!"  Haechan hefted Taeyong up, surprising me with his strength.  Taeyong could not have been very light.

All of the blood drained out of Taeyong's face, leaving it pale as a ghost.

"This'll be over soon, Yong," I tried to reassure him.  "Just stay with me.  You said you'd be with me to the end.  This isn't the end yet."

Haechan and I hurried out of the room as fast as we possibly could.

"Were you the one shouting?" Heachan asked.

My eyes widened.  "Yes, I was shouting for help."

"Well, that was great timing," Haechan replied, "because we were pretty lost."

The corridor beyond was filled with smoke and popping bullets.  Haechan and I blindly stumbled through, nearly tripping over fallen bodies.

"You might want to pick up a gun," Haechan hissed.  He sounded out of breath, but he still kept up with my pace.

I grabbed a pistol from the floor, trying not to gag at the blood that covered the muzzle.  If I was in a life-or-death situation, I definitely wanted to be armed.