Well, How Does Taeyong Feel About This?

I can't believe that just happened, Taeyong thought

I can't believe that just happened, Taeyong thought.  One minute he was in control of himself and the next... Ugh.  He didn't want to think about it.  Not that he hadn't enjoyed the joke, dirty as it was, but he rarely even made such jokes around his own members.

Something about Gao Mingyue was making him go crazy.

He couldn't stop thinking about her.  He'd even made her dinner!  Personally!  The Chief of a mafia organization like The Dragons shouldn't have had time to personally follow a target and then cook her dinner afterwards!

But there she was, pink-cheeked and managing to look both cute and elegant at the same time as she giggled away into her hand.

He kept his smile on his face, but his insides were slowly freezing over.

This feeling could not see the light of day.  He would not let it.  Not to mention that the last time he'd given his heart away unconditionally, he'd ended up shot three times and left by the side of the road.

Not that he thought Mingyue would ever be capable of that, but danger still existed: the danger of having a weakness enemies could exploit.

Taeyong placed his finished skillet of kimchi rice in front of Mingyue.  "There you are.  Now, I've got work to do."

"Yes, your oh-so-important mafia work," she retorted with a smile.  "Figuring out are who you're going to shoot next?"

"Something like that," he replied, striding out of the kitchen as fast as he could.

Out in the hallway, he let his smile drop.  His heart was beating like that time he'd gotten caught stealing a diamond chicken statue.  So essentially the first time he'd dodged a bullet.

He kind of had.  Who knew what he would have gone on to say if he hadn't left?

The sound of Mingyue still laughing in the kitchen shot straight through his heart like the bullet he'd put through that Phantom member today.  He had even forgotten to update her on the mission's status.

This stupid feeling!

Taeyong slapped his own face.  He would go upstairs right now and take a cold shower.  Then, he'd do work until he couldn't possibly do any more work. Finally, he'd collapse into his bed and fall into a dreamless sleep instantly.  Perfect plan.

He would never need to acknowledge what he felt for Mingyue.

[DOUBLE CHAPTER UPDATE! Woohoo! ♪ (''˵)♪ By the way, like the new cover? Had to close it at only 4 votes, but this book is still getting a promising number of reads. Thank you all so much for hitting 100 views (okay there aren't that many chapters, but still)!]

- 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕥

[Feel free to ask me anything, request, or just chat under the Conversations tab of my profile!]