...Romance? :O Also, Forcibly Stop Me From Writing Another Shooting Scene Please

Haechan greeted me the next day with a 90-degree bow

Haechan greeted me the next day with a 90-degree bow. I did the same to him. I felt guilty every single time I looked at his fake smile, pasted over something forlorn and abandoned.

But work had to continue, especially after yesterday's fiasco. The guests all had to receive a short summary of the night before last and free tickets for a future show. The rest of the opera's scheduled shows had been canceled and were being moved to a smaller theater, so more tickets had to be refunded. My parents called me with concern, but I told them I was fine and that the conflict hadn't involved me at all.

By the time I got home after the very, very long workday, I was exhausted. I pushed open the front door, pulling my heels off as I went in, and collapsed on the couch. If the walls between apartments hadn't been so thin, I would have had a full screaming meltdown and then some. I contented myself with squeezing my eyes shut and massaging my temples.

After staying in that position for a while, my grumbling stomach pulled me out of my stupor. I hadn't had dinner yet and I really needed to. That's when I looked up and saw something dark in the door of my kitchen.

The thing and I stared at each other for a few seconds. Wait, it had eyes?

Slowly, my fatigued brain pieced together what I was looking at. It was a tall guy wearing all black and a black mask. In one outstretched hand was a gun aimed straight for my head. My eyes widened when I realized I was about to die—again.

I screamed, closing my eyes.

BANG!

My scream lasted for a few more moments until I realized I was still alive.

One by one, I opened my eyes.

It wasn't blue hair this time. It was black.

I was so shocked, I almost couldn't speak. "Taeyong?!"

He was bent over the prone figure of the man he'd just shot so quickly and naturally it was like blinking.

The man groaned and wriggled about on the floor. Though I couldn't see the blood, the air was heavy with the tinge of copper.

"Still alive," Taeyong remarked, the gun in his hand still smoking. He turned to me. "His failure to report will definitely get the Phantom's attention. We-" he pointed his gun at me then himself "-need to leave."

I suppose I was getting used to people being shot because I didn't forget my earlier frustration with him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa there. I thought I was done with the mission."

There was a silence as Taeyong stared straight into my eyes like can-you-not-see-this-body?. He nudged the masked man with his foot and the man groaned in pain. "Don't be silly, let's go."

"Fine, fine."

And just like that, Taeyong and I were in his car, speeding back to The Dragons' lair, which I'd just said a permanent goodbye to almost 36 hours prior, with a man bleeding out in the backseat. [Taeyong can drive in this AU, so he can drive that Porsche now]