(8) Hide Out

"Colby.."

"Hey, Colby.."

Colby's eyes opened to be met with the bright moon out of his window. His bones ached a little. He shifted toward the voice which he knew whom it belonged to and replied with,

"Yeah?"

"Can.. can I sleep with you? I kinda had a nightmare.." Sam asked politely, scratching the back of his neck.

Colby turned his body around and opened his arms.

"Yeah, c'mere," Colby said, his voice a little scratchy. Sam smiled brightly and climbed into Colby's arms, wrapping his arms around Colby's waist and Colby wrapping his around Sam's neck.

"Do you wanna tell me about this dream?" Colby asked, letting Sam get comfortable as he pulled the cover over his strangely cold body.

"I dunno.. it was kinda specific," Sam answered.

"I'll listen," Colby said.

"Well.. it.. it had to do with you. You got a new friend and you two started hanging out, but leaving me out of it every time I asked, and.. you just forgot about me. The last thing I remember is everything fading to white while you walked away," Sam said, not even mustering up a tear because of how much he'd cried during and after the nightmare.

Colby rested his hand on Sam's hair and started playing with it, calming the blonde down.

"C'mon now, I would never forget you. You know that. And if that ever does happen-- which it won't-- you have every right to kick me in the balls and call me a liar," Colby chuckled, and Sam giggled.

"Really?" Sam asked, kind of sarcastic, but laughing to let Colby know he was far from serious.

"Really," Colby said in a high pitched affirming tone, which only made Sam laughed more.

"And you can steal my food," Colby said, and this only made Sam laugh harder.

"And you can--"

"Okay, okay, okay!" Sam said, giggling like a little kid.

"I get it, let's just go to bed, I'm tired," Sam said and Colby just nodded, still playing with Sam's hair.

Colby didn't know what it was, but holding Sam like this felt so.. good. He didn't know how to describe the feeling. He felt like he was dreaming-- it didn't feel real every time he held the blonde in his arms.

Colby had guessed that Sam went to sleep.

"I think I love you," Colby wispered-- if you weren't as close as Sam was, you wouldn't have heard it. But Sam did.

Sam began blushing, wondering if he should reply back. He knew he did, too, but he wanted to confess the right way. So, he decided to stay quiet, even though his whole body burned in embarrassment.

That morning, Sam woke up first. He looked up at Colby sleeping.

"Aww.." He said quietly. Colby looked so peaceful when he was asleep.

Sam got up without waking him, and decided to make breakfast. He got out the bacon, sausage, eggs, things to make biscuits, and bacon grease and milk.

He started with the breakfast gravy, putting bacon grease, milk, salt and pepper in it, and then with the homemade biscuits. After putting those in the oven, he took off the gravy because it was finished. He started of the sausage and bacon, and that's when Colby walked in.

"Mm.. that smells good," Colby said, walking over to Sam.

"Doesn't it, though?" Sam smiled, flipping the bacon and sausage.

After putting some on a paper plate with a paper towel on it, he began on the eggs. Colby was watching, and instinctively put his arms around Sam's waist, resting his chin on his shoulder, casually continuing to watch.

Sam's face went red, but he didn't say anything about it.

He finished up the eggs, and smiled at Colby.

"Do you want some, or are you just gonna cling onto me?" Sam chuckled, making Colby groan.

"But you're so comfyy," Colby whined.

Sam rolled his eyes playfully, and Colby let go of him and made him a plate, and sat at the table. After cleaning up a bit, Sam followed.

"Mm, your cooking is always so good," Colby complimented tiredly, making Sam smile.

"Thank you," he said, laughing. "Say, um.. how about we go to that hideout from a while back? Just you and me?" Sam asked.

Colby was surprised he even remembered that. Them and the trap house boys made a hideout in the woods behind their house, and decided to use it for whatever the fuck. It could be drugs (which they wouldn't participate in, they were just there to keep the others down to earth), or alchohol, or just to hang out.

It was a shed-- rusted a bit to its core, but still a great hangout spot. They even put cushions so they didn't have to sit on the bare floor.

"That.. that was so long ago. I barely even remember that," Colby said.

Sam laughed, "It's you who has the bad memory, not me," Sam reminded.

"Good point... sure. We can go. You wanna get drunk, or what?" Colby asked.

"You know what? I'm down," Sam admitted, and Colby internally cheered.

After they finished breakfast, they were off. They went on a road trip with lots of beer in the back of their car, reminiscing on the good days of the trap house boys.

As they laughed and chatted, they eventually found the old spot in the woods, parking their car next to it, and walking a little ways away to the old shed.

"There she is," Sam said, smiling a bit.

"Yeah.." Colby said, more awake now. They walked inside the run-down structure, and saw the LED light still hung up.

"Do these even work?" Sam asked, picking up the remote and with little struggle, the lights flaired a bright red color.

"Hey!" Sam exclaimed in triumph and he sat in the cushion he used.to sit in all the time, and Colby's was right next to him.

"Good times here.." Sam said, looking around the small place. Colby had brought the alcohol from the car. They had flavored beers, and Corona, just because of their vast taste in poison.

He's sat it in fron too them, and Sam grabbed a Corona and cracked it open, while Colby grabbed a blueberry drink.

"I don't really miss the trap house as much as I missed this place," Colby said.

"Yeah, I'll drink to that," Sam said, chugging some of his Corona.

"Sam, you'll drink to anything," Colby pointed out.

"Says you," Sam laughed.

"Yeah, whatever," Colby laughed along with him.

-