(7) Love

Colby woke up that morning alone in the previously preoccupied bed. He felt around for Sam, not feeling another body with him. He opened his eyes and sat up, and saw a note on his table. He got a little scared, but tried not to freak out too much.

The note read:

"Hey Colbs, don't worry about me, your family called me early in the morning needing help moving some boxes at your mom's house, and you were still asleep so I let you sleep in. Enjoy your sleep, I'll be back soon

Sam

(P.S. I left at 10, if I'm any later that 3 hours maybe check in lol)"

Colby checked the time and it was 11.

He sighed in relief and got up, deciding to take a shower. He turned the shower on and took his clothes off, hopping in.

He appreciated Sam for doing all of this for him, though he did feel a little bad.

He washed himself and got out of the shower quickly, grabbing a towel and drying himself off before putting some new clothes on.

He went downstairs and made himself some coffee, waiting for Sam to get back. He knew if he tried to go and help Sam that he would just be sat down and told to rest, so there was no point. He took this time to help in other ways instead-- he updated his friends on social media for Sam and him, and checked on the video they had posted earlier on.

He organized both of their rooms and bathrooms, and sweeped the hallways, singing as he did so.

Soon, he heard the door open and close. He looked over the railing and saw Sam. Sam spotted Colby and smiled.

"Hey, I'm back," Sam said, looking up at Colby. Colby smiled back and went downstairs and hugged him.

"Welcome back," Colby said.

Sam sighed. "Yeah, your brother needed help alright. There were so many boxes," Sam said.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Do you want some coffee?" Colby asked.

"I would love some coffee," Sam said.

Colby laughed and brewed some more coffee and gave it to Sam where he put his desired amount of creamer and sugar and mixed it. He drank half of it in nearly one gulp.

"That can't be healthy," Colby laughed.

"Yeah, whatever," Sam said, sitting down at the table.

Colby rolled his eyes jokingly, and sat next to him. Sam looked down at Colby's forearms, remembering what the doctor had told him before Colby had woken up.

Flashback~

"Uhm, Mr Golbach, could I talk with you for just a minute.." the doctor said, pulling Sam aside. With already eyes filled with tears, the doctor stared at Sam with a solemn expression.

"It, uh.. it seems that Mr. Brock had been.. cutting his wrist and thighs. He's lost quite a lot of blood, make sure to check on him, and if he ever mentions being dizzy or his vision being blurry, make sure to get him some water and make him rest. For now, we've bandaged his cuts, but to be safe, change the bandage every other two days or so." The doctor said.

Sam's heart broke hearing this, more than it already was. He nodded nonetheless, wiping his tears with his sleeve. He looked back through the window at Colby, his eyes closed, his breathing visible. There was a mask over his mouth, and many tubes in his arms. The doctor put a hand on Sam's shoulder, causing Sam look look back at him.

"He'll be okay, we'll make sure of it," the doctor smiled, causing a little weight to be lifted from Sam's shoulders. He was going to live.

Sam nodded.

End of flashback ~

Sam spoke up, "Colby.."

"Yeah?" Colby asked, noticing his saddened tone.

"How are your wrists?" Sam asked, looking up at Colby.

Colby smiled guiltily, and pat the top of Sam's head.

"They've healed," Colby said.

Sam stayed quiet. "Do you want to see, to ease your conscious?" Colby asked.

"I.. no, it's okay- I trust you, I'm just worried.. are you making sure they're not getting infected or anything? Do they hurt? Is there anything I can do? I just-" Sam was cut off by lips crashing into his own. At first, he was taken aback, but he slowly leaned into the kiss. His face turned a bright pink.

Colby pulled away and smiled.

"I know you're worried, but please.. stop overthinking it. I'm fine as long as I'm with you." Colby said, his hand on Sam's cheek. Sam almost cried for the 10th time this week, but he didn't. Instead, he smiled and nodded, holding onto the hand on his cheek.

"I'm sorry.. I trust you. If you ever feel like doing that again, please come to me first, okay?" Sam said, holding Colby's hand in front of him and kissing the back of it. This time, Colby blushed.

"Yeah, I will," Colby said, his face heating up.

The two decided to go out to dinner that night. They walked into Taco House, not anywhere too fancy, and tried to let loose and just hang out.

Sam couldn't get his mind off of that kiss though-- no matter how many times he tried. And he didn't know what possessed him to kiss Colby's hand-- in the moment, it just felt right.

Whatever their emotions were in-between them, they knew they felt the same way. But neither of them wanted to bring it up.

But the more and more Sam thought that night, the more his heart began racing. He could just imagine the two being together as a couple - doing all the mundane stuff, holding hands, kissing, cuddling.. it was all so normal to think about, but he'd never thought about doing all of that with Colby. Now he was conflicted, and confused. Was he gay? If he was thinking about all of this and considering it, he had to be, right? But he'd never thought about it before.

"Uuugh!" Sam quietly yelled into his pillow. None of it made sense. He just wanted to sleep.

And after a while of trying to get his brain to stop, he fell I to a dreamless sleep.

-