ᴄᴏʀ ᴀᴅ ᴄᴏʀ

[༄༄༄]

𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 IX

✰✰✰

A few more days passed since then. Apparently, Aether and Paimon travelled to the desert to greet a few familiar faces and got stuck there because they needed to assist someone (for the millionth time). She was slightly disappointed that they couldn't accompany herself and W/n on their walks to recharge.

In the meantime, Y/n had picked up her hobby further. After glancing at some stitching on clothes at the market, she copied them onto her fabrics with ease. Nahida commented that she was talented, and was happy to provide her with materials. But recently, she wasn't satisfied enough with reattaching buttons or sewing up ripped sleeves.
So she began to sew up small dolls with leftover or cut out fabric used as stuffing. Once she cut off the excess string of her very first prototype, she lifted it up to her eye level and stared at it for a while. Some of then stitching by the hair was tilted instead of being a straight line, and the embroidery used for its eyes were messy. The arms were ever so slightly uneven. But never once did the thought of throwing ot out grave her mind.

If anything, it was more beautiful than any of the dolls she created ever since.

W/n blankly stared at the stuffed objects that lined the shelf of a certain person's room. They were just about the size of his hand, and he guessed they were mostly based off people she saw on the streets or ones she already knew. The said mechanism was sitting on the sunny side of her bed with a needle and a half finished doll in hand. Nahida had nagged at him to check out Y/n's new creations, so he decided to pop by for a moment and watch.

Y/n raised her head and stared at his left chest for a while. She then reached into the drawers attached to the nightstands and dug around a small container. It was filled with tiny marbles, buttons, and beads. But she frowned after eyeing the container, not finding what she had in mind. W/n sat in her desk and observed as she scurried over to her closet and returned with something in her hand. It appeared to be a blue origami paper. He then noticed that the doll she was working on was one of him.

Pale beige fabric was used for his skin, with blue on the hair and majority of the outfit. There was a finished hat laying on the side, even tiny bells attached to the end. The only things that were missing was one arm, legs, and the blue ornament on his chest. She cut the paper into a small square and began to fold something. He saw no reason in questioning or interfering, so he watched her movements silently.

If there was one thing he preferred Y/n over humans, was that she simply let the silence hang in the air. People often found it awkward and constantly tried to fill up the silence- small talk being its fancy term. He hated the idea of idle chatter about how nice the day was, favorite activities and so on. The polite smiles and strained voices was never difficult to catch onto.