ᴠᴇʟ ɴᴏɴ

[༄༄༄]

𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 XVII

✰✰✰

Humans fascinate me.

This is my thirtieth journal entry now. I never knew time could flow at this speed. I was tempted to rip out the very first page after looking at how error filled it was, but Nahida insisted at me to keep it. She said something along the lines of that it would be a good reflection to look at to see how much I've improved.
Does improving matter more? What is truly important is the current skill I have. Well, she's the god of wisdom, so I'm not going to waste time questioning it.

W/n is acting very strange as of recently. I'm beginning to seriously regret going out to that golem that night. Yet technically speaking, it wasn't in my control of movements. He normally dislikes consistently being in the presence of others. This must be equally frustrating to him. He's been glued to my side ever since we came back from the forest two days ago now, constantly nitpicking at everything I do. I recently connected his current actions to how particularly overprotective human parents coddle their children.

He's staring holes into me when I'm sewing, nagging whenever I accidentally poke into my thumbs with the needle. I was planning on talking to Nahida about it, but it seemed like he got to her first. Whatever he told her made her allow him following me like a shadow from daybreak to when the world was dark.

Y/n paused her scritching on the paper, realizing the ink in her fountain pen had run out. She didn't feel like finishing up the journal entry and decided to leave the empty pen behind for the meantime. Nahida herself had commented on her improval in terms of writing and using analogies or similes that she previously struggled with. The mechanism secretly assumed the blame on being around W/n, whose natural language seemed to be the embodiment of sarcasm. Speaking of, the said puppet was just beside her in the Akademiya library.

That being said, the sensation of her pen being slipped out from between her appendages notified Y/n that her companion had moved his own hand closer to hers.

He didn't hold eye contact with her, only taking the utensil from her grasp with a monotone expression. "Stop poking yourself."

"..."

She would have let out a long heave of breath to show her exasperation, but decided against it. No matter what words you tried to name his behaviour, the only way to describe the way he was acting these days was that he was treating her like a frayed leaf about the blow away in the wind. The indigo hued wanderer had been at her tail almost every second of the day. Whether it was her daily walks or a trip to the Akademiya for a reading session while he studied, her shadow loomed over his figure as he trailed behind.