ᴅᴇᴜs ᴇx ᴍᴀᴄʜɪɴᴀ

[༄༄༄]

𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 II

𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 II

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

✰✰✰

Another glow emitted from the bubble created by Nahida. At the same time, the figure's mark also glowed. The wanderer watched with a blank expression, a hand placed on the surface of the barrier. He could feel a small ripples as vibrations spread. There was a soft thrumming sound that followed after, as if one was blowing air into a hollow glass bottle. But his interest faded upon seeing the pile of books next to him on the floor.

The dendro archon herself had picked out all kids of texts related to different mechanisms and their functions. Some were probably older than himself, others freshly produced with modern knowledge. There were at least forty books in that pile, and they looked rather thick with pages upon pages of nerds droning on about metals and magic. W/n almost groaned out of boredom. But if anyone, he had pretty much all the time left in the world.. He begrudgingly picked the one on top of the stack and opened the first page.

Hours passed by. The wanderer sat by the small platform by the bottom of the "cage," his eyes scanning through words on paper. His only company in the space didn't change in any sort of state whatsoever. A scoff left his lips at some parts, and nearly fell asleep while reading some. These humans clearly didn't even know what they were writing about. Akademiya students were never to his liking, always so stuck up and thinks their place in Sumeru like a person reaching godhood.

He flipped the glossary of the textbook and was tempted to throw it off the ledge. It was simply knowledge about ruin mechanics- which he already knew before. The more and more he read and learnt, the more disgusted he felt.

Picking a random book, he didn't take notice of the cover nor the title and slammed it open. The sudden content about plants and a botanist's guide took him somewhat off guard. Nahida must've accidentally placed that one in the pile while picking things out. Just as he was about to toss the pack of papers into the finished reading pile, a chapter title caught his eye.

'The Dormancy of Plants'

Staring at the title, W/n glanced up at the figure present above him. Neither dead nor asleep.. Perhaps dormancy was the correct state to describe her as.

Greenery generally go into a state of dormancy upon facing an environment unsuitable for growth. The most common case to this is the winter cycle, or a sudden spike in the usual temperature of its habitat.....

Ignoring the excessive parts with the use of fancy words and terms he wasn't interested in, he flipped a few more pages ahead. Sure enough, he landed on a page about how to bring plants out of dormant states.