ʟᴜɴᴀᴍ ᴍᴇɴᴅᴀᴄᴇᴍ

[༄༄༄]

𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 IV

✰✰✰

W/n was less than a hair's width away from combusting into speckles of dust.

Ever since Y/n had woken up, Nahida had practically put him on babysitting duty. She did stick around with her whenever she could, but being an archon came with its duties. Not that he had anything to occupy his days with before.. But this felt completely new.

Three nights, four days since she had began moving in and out of the city. Of course, he had to tag along with her to avoid being lectured by a certain goddess for the next hour. It's not even that she did anything dangerous intentionally or was being stubborn.. But she acted like a clueless toddler half of the time. W/n had begun to regret agreeing to explore outside the premises of the main city, where guards were present all over the area.

"...Get down from the tree."

She stared at him with her head cocked to the side. Y/n had somehow found a way to climb up one of the massive trees of the rainforests and wouldn't get down for the past little bit. It had barely been five minutes since he had walked around to check for any monsters nearby, and this was the sight that greeted him. "There's lots of sunlight up here though." Y/n replied blankly. She genuinely sounded confused on why she had to get down. "Just get down. We have to get back to the city before dark."

The girl seemed to process his words before adjusting her position. He was expecting her to hop down through the branches that sprouted out from the base of the trunk or slide down, but her next movements caught him off guard. W/n almost choked on his spit when she jumped straight down from her previous seat. He immediately sprung up, the circular cyan symbol behind his figure as he ascended for a moment.

Not two full seconds later, he had caught her mid-air. The familiar lack of warmth was foreign, but that was out of the picture for now.

"What are you doing- Is there air inside your head for thoughts??" W/n scolded as he landed back on the grassy earth below. "Get that loose screw in your head back in. Just what were you thinking.." "I calculated the height, I should have been able to land safely below." She reasoned as she was partially thrown onto the ground. "A loose screw.. Inside my head?" The wanderer rubbed his temple and let out a distressed huff. Her loose coat draped over her shoulders like a cloak fluttered in the movement. "Nevermind."

"...Are you upset?" The question made him pause. He sighed for the hundredth time that day and held onto the rim of his headpiece, turning around.

"Just don't run off on your own anymore. I'm guessing that was enough 'charging' for you." She nodded and began to follow him. From an outside view, the sight may have been funny looking. A grumpy looking man with a huge hat and a girl following him like a lost puppy from behind. W/n walked through the familiar path he walked through many times. Everything was the same. The chirps of birds, wind rustling the bushes, sunlight gleaming through the trees.