ɴᴏᴍᴇɴ ᴛᴜᴜᴍ

[༄༄༄]

𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 IV

✰✰✰

Nahida observed the being— features far too human to be considered as a machine of any sort. But at the same time, her chest didn't slowly rise and fall like humans' did. The golden symbol on her forehead glowed once more, before fading away as soon as it came. It almost acted like a signal of what she was feeling.. But she just couldn't catch what her company wanted to communicate. "Today, I had a meeting with some of the sages. We talked about adding more railings to the path that leads to the top of the akademiya, since some happened to fall down often."

Nahida spoke softly, tucking the figure's hair behind her ear. "There was no railings to improve the view, but I guess safety is much more important. Do you think so too?"

No answer came as expected. But the female's eyes brightened as the symbol glowed twice rapidly, before turning to its original state. Nahida continued telling her about her day, and very occasionally got more "responses." Upon taking a look at the pattern, two rapid glows were assumed to be positive responces. The goddess smiled softly as sunlight continued to stream in through the room.

A few birds chirped outside, making a serene atmosphere. Nahida closed her eyes and enjoyed the surroundings with her for a while.

"Sleep well. I hope we truly get to converse with each other soon."

How long had it been... A day? Two? She could not recall, but was able to feel the familiar, gentle rays of sunlight hitting her systems. There was a series of small, muffled voices in the background as she continued to feel the warm rays touch her skin. It was comforting. Whoever that was, she wanted to talk when she woke up. The voice was very soft..

A moment later, her eyes slowly squirmed open, blinking a few times. There was no need to shut and close her eyes, but the sunlight had caused her vision to become blurry.

That sure felt like a long charge.

Where was everyone? This place didn't look familiar, maybe an emergency shelter they made as she charged? But it looked far too detailed and luxuirous to be a place created in the midst of destruction and panic.

She cautiously lifted her torso from the bed, looking around the surroundings. It appeared to be a large room with a good amount of sunlight coming in through the window. The walls were a creamy white, dark brown furniture decorating the interior. A clean, soft look was the overall state of the room. She stared at her hand, lifting it up and flicking each of her fingers. Everything moved to her command.

The figure continued to observe the room. A book lying on the desk, sage green curtains, to a small green and black ornament on the floor next to the bed. It seemed like a hair piece. Bending down, she picked it up before twirling it between her hands. The texture was smooth, a leaf-like design. She placed it carefully on the nightstand next to the bed.