One hundred and twenty three

"She slept with Aaron, Reid." he sighs, putting his head in his hands again as I rush around the counter to comfort him.

"I don't understand, why would-"

"Because I love her. She said it was just a drunken mistake and that it meant nothing to her, but you should have seen the way the two of them were looking at each other last night."

"And that's why Haley divorced him?" I ask, finally fitting all of the pieces together.

"I guess so." he finally looks back up, meeting my eyes before wiping his face and standing.

"These guys are gonna be wondering where the coffee is." he jokes, completely dismissing the topic and flicking the kettle on again.

Once we've finished making everyone the drinks, Morgan gestures to the three mugs left.

"The tea is JJ's and the coffees, Sandy and Kate's." Before I can even begin to protest, he zips through the kitchen door, leaving me to compose myself before following him.

I carefully hand both Kate and Sandy their drinks as Morgan gives away the other drinks. Quickly looking up to JJ, I find her eyes on me.

My hand begins to shake slightly as the anxiety sets in, I have no idea how to act around the woman anymore.

Her finger catches mine, sending a bolt of electricity through my body, causing me to drop the drink before she grabs it properly. The woman stands almost straight away.

"Oh, shit. I uh- I'm sorry!" My hand reaches for her legs, wiping the remains of the drink from her thighs before I can even think.

"Spence-" JJ says quietly. Stepping backwards again, then walking past me to the bathroom.

I stay crouched for a second, completely taken away by the scent of her body as she quickly passed by me.

"Reid." I turn quickly to find Morgan smirking and Emily stands, running after JJ.

"I'll grab the mop." I state, standing again and heading back into the kitchen.

I cuss myself out the whole time I mop up the mess and all the way back into the kitchen when I put the mop away.

I'm just not even going to bother speaking to her, this is load of bullshit.

"What's a load of bullshit?" I turn to find Sandy in the kitchen doorway, before realising I must have said the last part out loud.

"What do you think, Sandy? she just turns up out of the blue and I have no idea how to feel or act about it. There's no way we can just go back to the way things were, not now. It's all just one big, truck load of bullshit."

The older woman smiles slightly, making her way in my direction. "There must be a reason, Spencer."

"She was pregnant." I state, straightening up as I move out I the way for the woman to grab another mug.

"What?" the wrinkles on her face become deeper as she tries to make sense of what I just said.

"Yeah. She was pregnant with my child when she died, and now that kid must be- god I don't even know." I sigh, angry with myself for not being able to work out something as simple as the age of the baby boy with half my genes.

"Do you know if she gave-"

"I spoke to her this morning, Sandy. She had my child, I don't know when, I don't know where. I just know that it's a boy."

"How far gone was she when she- well we thought she died?" Sandy asks, flicking the switch on the side of the kettle.

"A couple of weeks." I state, simply.

"A couple of weeks?" she repeats, rolling her eyes with a slight smile.

"Thirty two days." I meet her eyes, eventually smiling as I catch sight of hers.

"I take this in to JJ." She says, rubbing my shoulder before walking away.

I remember when I first met Sandy, she hated my guys and every time we came in to contact if always give her another reason to do so. Now she's like another mother to me, she knows me better than some of my close friends and even knew that I'd know the exact number of days JJ was pregnant for before she left. Rather than believe me when I said a couple of weeks.