One hundred and nine

"Are you gonna sleep with pretty boy tonight?" Derek asks Henry when we return to his apartment at 7:30.

"Oh, no. I'm gonna take the sofa." I state while glancing at Sandy. "You're gonna stay with your nana tonight." I say, looking down at the small boy still holding my hand.

He nods his head slowly before jumping head first onto the sofa. I take the bag containing both Henry and Sandy's belongings from Sandy's hands.

"I'll put this in the room." I say, forcing a smile and nodding in the direction of the spare room I'm currently occupying.

When I enter the room, I close the door firmly behind me, ensuring no one is following me.

I place the large bag on the ground at the foot of the bed and open the drawer the picture I broke yesterday is in.

Grabbing the bin, I empty the broken shards into the bag, retrieving the picture and folding it into my pocket.

Once I'm sure Sandy won't find out about it, I move to the bedding. I can't have the two of them sleeping in a bed I fucked a woman in just last night.

"Reid?" Morgan says, opening the door as I finish pulling off the bottom bed sheet.

"I uh-"

"I brought you some fresh sheets." he smirks, pulling the arm he had hidden behind the door, in front of him.

The bedding hits me in the chest as he throws it in my direction. "Also, you might wanna clean up that?" He says, laughing as he points at the broken bottle by the window.

***

A few hours later, Emily, Kate and Garcia stumble through the apartment door. It's clear the three of them have been drinking and the look on Derek's face tells me this isn't the only time something like this has happened.

Sandy must have also caught sight of his expression because when I meet her eyes, she frowns slightly before tapping Henry on the shoulder.

"Hey, it's really late now bud. Let's get you to bed."

Henry looks up with a frown. "but I wanna-"

"Hey." I state before Henry can finish his sentence. His eyes meet mine and he places his toys back on the ground. "6 years old and you're still up at 9:30!" I say, smiling slightly when I realise Henry must have thought he was in trouble.

His face brightens. "let's get you to bed now?"

Henry takes my hand and Sandy thanks me before the two of us leave the room.

"I bet I can beat you in!" he calls, breaking into a run and laughing loudly.

I chase after him, reaching the bedroom just seconds after he enters and lifting him into the air.

He laughs loudly again and I place him on the bed before coving him with the duvet.

"I love you." I say while kissing him on the forehead, he hugs me tightly before I stand up again.

"I love you too."